9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 11:57 PM)
It ended up not mattering, but why in the hell did they have Hudson run for Dunn? That run doesn't matter, and if anything, you hope to keep Dunn in the game in case you tie it. Just icing on the cake of another managerial masterpiece.

I'm guessing Dunn may have tweaked something taking that awkward stumble at 1B. Probably just precautionary. If he doesn't play this last week, we are royally f***ed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
It ended up not mattering, but why in the hell did they have Hudson run for Dunn? That run doesn't matter, and if anything, you hope to keep Dunn in the game in case you tie it. Just icing on the cake of another managerial masterpiece.

Why the hell did Alexei hit 7th? After what he did last night, the last thing he deserved was to move a spot up in the lineup.

Alexei's inability to get PK home in the first was a big deal.

I have no doubt in my mind that Lillibridge was having a difficult time performing well in these games because of how badly he knows our guys need these games. Did he do that on purpose, I dunno, but the look on his face said "I sure as hell did."

What a frustrating few weeks of baseball. Month really.

But at the end of the day it is still just a game we love to watch. It isn't life, it isn't death, it isn't cancer or a really bad car accident. It's a game.

Gotta try and keep things in perspective, folks.

well, strange things happen in this game all the time. And the thing that should happen doesn't always happen.

That said, this team is in some kind of funk. Was listening to the Indians broadcast and like they said, the Sox pitching does not look playoff ready. But what do you say about an offense that is hitting under .100 with RISP in the 1-7 streak? A perfect storm of choking away what up to this point has been a very fun and unexpected season of baseball. Hate to see it go down like this. It's a lot to ask them to turn it around now, especially with a stellar pitching staff coming to town. But it's only 1 game.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
Why the hell did Alexei hit 7th? After what he did last night, the last thing he deserved was to move a spot up in the lineup.

Alexei's inability to get PK home in the first was a big deal.

PK's inability to get himself home on AJ's double was a big deal. Guy is looking back at the ball for some reason instead of looking at Manto. I know he's dealing with an injury, but if his head isn't in the right place (and it's clearly not), he needs to sit a few days. He isn't helping us.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:59 AM)
Time to just watch and hope.

One thing is for sure. I'm not watching any more games from the point our starting pitcher leaves the game, if it's not at least with two outs in the seventh inning. Want to know a LOSING formula for the White Sox? Have our starter go four or five innings max. When that happens, you are guaranteed one thing as a viewer: MISERY!!

Folks, with this beat-up, tired, suddenly worthless starting rotation (minus Sale) we have no business playing October baseball. None.

1. Don't move the lineup around based on game to game play

2. This past week has been the unfortunate logical end to a pretty long-term trend of worsening play for our boys. The talent is there to surge to the finish, but the health, mindset, luck, and everything else may not be. I'm happy to get to worry about this crap in the last week of September.

It was the wrong year to be good. I don't think they over achieved, at one point Sale-Peavy-Quinta was a solid. But they're either young, or haven't pitched this many innings before (Peavy). Just have to hope Danks come back next season 100% and that Sale and Q are the real deal.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 11:05 PM)
1. Don't move the lineup around based on game to game play

2. This past week has been the unfortunate logical end to a pretty long-term trend of worsening play for our boys. The talent is there to surge to the finish, but the health, mindset, luck, and everything else may not be. I'm happy to get to worry about this crap in the last week of September.

1.) We are not talking about day to day game play. He has struggled for over a month. Its do or die. So in your world. Carl Everett is our 3 hole hitter in 2005 through the playoffs. Because if we apply the same rules to that season do you think we win without that move.