2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 09:33 AM)
Jordan Bastian ‏@MLBastian

Indians officially announce signing of RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka. Minors contract, non-roster invitee, rotation candidate.

Indians need to make decision on Dice-K by 3/26. If not on OD roster, either will be released or gets $100K bonus before going to Minors.

If Dice-K, Giambi and/or Capps take $100K bonus and go to Minors, a June 1st out clause kicks in. NRI Raburn also has out clause for 6/1.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 14, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
She seems like the type of girl who would drop a boyfriend at the drop of a dime.

It's pretty crazy, when I was about 17 Kate's family bought one of my best friends houses, I believe as a summer home. It was in Stevensville, MI, right on the shores of Lake Michigan. This was back in 2003 or 2004, and needless to say she was gorgeous back then too. His family only moved a street down so we would still go by that house frequently. Her uncle was also a state representative for MI.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 07:42 AM)
If you want Headley, you better be ready to move Sale.

Screw that, he could very easily become a league average hitter given his current track record. I would seriously restrict the amount of talent given up for him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 14, 2013 -> 07:31 PM)
Screw that, he could very easily become a league average hitter given his current track record. I would seriously restrict the amount of talent given up for him.

And for that reason, the Padres have no need to trade him.

Damn

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst

Jose Reyes says 2 days before he got traded had dinner with Jeffrey Loria & Loria told him to get a nice house in Miami. 2 days later: gone

Asked what he'd tell free agents about Marlins Reyes said: "I don't have to tell them nothing. They can see what happened."

Reyes also said he feels sorry for Giancarlo Stanton.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 09:11 AM)

AJ interview. I can't listen to it, being at work and all, but I already hate him...IN A GOOD WAY

I miss AJ already - and find it hilarious that he said he's excited to play with Neal Cotts again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)
MLB Transactionist ‏@MLBTransactions

MIAMI MARLINS: Signed first baseman Casey Kotchman to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.

And then kidnapped his family.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 16, 2013 -> 11:20 PM)
Clayton Richard & the Padres agree to a $5.24 million deal for 2013. That's a lot of money for a guy with a career 4.92 ERA on the road, mostly in the NL. Batters have hit .301 against him away from Petco.

Kinda makes the money for Danks have some perspective.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
MLB Transactionist ‏@MLBTransactions

MIAMI MARLINS: Signed first baseman Casey Kotchman to a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training.

Kotchman should buy a nice home in Miami