2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
It's a wildly popular television series connected to a popular and more encompassing book series. You're going to get cross conversation when stuff like that comes up. Just gonna have to deal with it

It should be in spoiler then.

Anything that is information that has not been in the tv show should be a spoiler.

Its just common courtesy.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt sure if there were or not. People were talking about things about John Snow and 2/3rd dragon, that I dont remember or recall at all being mentioned in the tv show. I have no frame of reference for it, so its not a terrible spoiler at this point. Now this could be just that I dont remember it, but I am pretty sure there has been no discussion whatsoever about this (even the idea of multiple dragons, etc?).

Just more wanted to ask if people who read the books and are speaking about things that are from the future, could use spoiler tags.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
I wasnt sure if there were or not. People were talking about things about John Snow and 2/3rd dragon, that I dont remember or recall at all being mentioned in the tv show. I have no frame of reference for it, so its not a terrible spoiler at this point. Now this could be just that I dont remember it, but I am pretty sure there has been no discussion whatsoever about this (even the idea of multiple dragons, etc?).

Just more wanted to ask if people who read the books and are speaking about things that are from the future, could use spoiler tags.

Targaryean sigil/prophecy of them returning.

Doesn't really spoil much.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 04:12 PM)
It should be in spoiler then.

Anything that is information that has not been in the tv show should be a spoiler.

Its just common courtesy.

It has been.

I asked if we could spoiler things for a day or two in here a while back, just like the films thread and was shot down. And the TV show isn't even following the books exactly anyways, same as Walking Dead (although it is closer).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)

Prophecy from House of the Undying that Dany gets in the books

. Isn't even mentioned in the TV show so I doubt how much it matters.

GOT was good, I like how theyve shortened some of the storylines from the book but still kept the core emotions/plot lines.

One nitpick, I thought Thoros was supposed to be bald and more priestly at this point. I know he had the past of being as big a drinker/partier as Robert but if you've read the books then you know whats coming up soon and you would think that Thoros would act more piously.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
Man, Orphan Black is super interesting. I didn't realize that the German lady was a clone of her, the wig and accent really fooled me, until I saw the catch-up before Ep2 and noticed it. I hope this show doesn't get TOO sci-fi. I'm not really in to the "anything is possible because it's a sci-fi show" type thing.

I had the same problem with the German. Feel like I really need to pay attention.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 11:49 PM)
I had the same problem with the German. Feel like I really need to pay attention.

I just watched an interview with the lead actress, and found out some details I either didn't pick up on, or they just hadn't mentioned yet through 2 episodes....

- Felix is her adopted brother, not her gay best friend like I assumed.

- Mrs. S is her and Felix's adoptive mother, who her and Felix obviously don't have much of a relationship with anymore, which is obvious since they both call her "Mrs. S".

Maybe it was the long break or maybe it was because I have never been as crazy about the show as some people here have been but I got bored and turned off the Mad Men season premiere after 45 minutes. Maybe I missed something exciting in the second half and i'll try to watch it later but I couldn't believe how boring it was.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 08:06 PM)
Ok, I just bought season 1 of breaking bad to give it a chance. This better be good.

1st season is good. I got sick of it midway through third season though.

Also, Y U NO NETFLIX?

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 07:05 AM)
Maybe it was the long break or maybe it was because I have never been as crazy about the show as some people here have been but I got bored and turned off the Mad Men season premiere after 45 minutes. Maybe I missed something exciting in the second half and i'll try to watch it later but I couldn't believe how boring it was.

Too much Betty

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 07:21 AM)
1st season is good. I got sick of it midway through third season though.

Also, Y U NO NETFLIX?

Because I never used it. Now that I hasn't been giving Netflix 7$ a month for the last year, I figure I have 84$. ;) I also didn't know it was on Netflix, because Netflix never has anything I actually want to watch. If I keep watching this, I'll pay netflix 7$ for a month and cancel it again after I've watched all of the episodes...but odds are, they don't have them all anyway.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 08:40 AM)
Because I never used it. Now that I hasn't been giving Netflix 7$ a month for the last year, I figure I have 84$. ;) I also didn't know it was on Netflix, because Netflix never has anything I actually want to watch. If I keep watching this, I'll pay netflix 7$ for a month and cancel it again after I've watched all of the episodes...but odds are, they don't have them all anyway.

For AMC shows, they will have all episodes with the exception of the season that is currently selling on DVD for the first time. For instance, Mad Men is on Season 6 as of yesterday. Seasons 1-4 have been available for ages, and about a month ago Season 5 became available because they had spent enough time selling the DVD version and would like you to get caught up so you can watch it on TV. Most TV series on there work that way.

I used to complain about the selection on Netflix, but I've gotten more and more warm to it. Lots of TV series available, House of Cards is great, I love documentaries, lots of foreign films, etc etc

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
For AMC shows, they will have all episodes with the exception of the season that is currently selling on DVD for the first time. For instance, Mad Men is on Season 6 as of yesterday. Seasons 1-4 have been available for ages, and about a month ago Season 5 became available because they had spent enough time selling the DVD version and would like you to get caught up so you can watch it on TV. Most TV series on there work that way.

I used to complain about the selection on Netflix, but I've gotten more and more warm to it. Lots of TV series available, House of Cards is great, I love documentaries, lots of foreign films, etc etc

I'm with you. I've been watching Indy stuff and docs on Netflix stream for the past month like crazy. They are adding great stuff all the time.

Now Fringe is up.

So I was watching Chicago Fire last night with the girlfriend, and since the show takes place in Chicago, and of course they want to add in some local flavor to each episode, last night they had a scene where the firefighters were in the station watching baseball games. They were arguing about the Cubs vs the Sox while watching a Sox game.

Then one guy shouts out "Be quiet, I am trying to listen to 'The Hawk.'"

Dead give away that the writers have no clue...:)