The Wussification of America

YASNY

I haven't visited the buster in years. I'm not planning on clicking on any other threads. However, I did want to post this here and see what the reacton(s) might be. I just posted this on Facebook, so some of you have or will see it there as well.

Gun control leads to gun confiscation which leads to a gun free population. Liberals love that thought! But, there is one more part in this equation: A gun free population is a helpless, controlled population. It's the proverbial slippery slope. America used to be a nation that would take so much, but only so much before it collectively said "Hell No! This will not stand!" I don't know if that America still exists. We've been indoctrinated since youth by public education, morally corrupted by various forms of entertainment, spiritually supressed by the elimination of God from our public lives, and brainwashed by a complicit newsmedia. My generation has witnessed the slow and steady progression toward "The Wussification of America". Just this week, two little 6 year old boys were suspended from school for playing cops and robbers by simulating guns with their hands and yelling "Pow!". What happened to letting little boys actually be little boys? These kids are growing up without a gender identity, or a confused one at best. Boys are growing up not knowing who they are supposed to be. The messages they are receiving are suppressing their potential manhood. If a boy shows signs of not following the program, they pump them full of Ritalin or some other mind-messing drug and stick a label on them of 'troubled'. Women, you've been victimized by this grand scheme also. You are now in the work force because it takes two incomes to make any progress, but they are also collecting taxes from twice as many workers as they were just two generations ago. While you bring home the bacon, you send your kids to their indoctrination camps knows as school, come home from work tired and not quite as on top of things as you should be when it comes to what they are teaching your kids. Now, I know it's dad's responsibility too but we used to have at least one parent with their fingers on the pulse of their kids' lives at all times. We need to wake up before it's too damn late.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 02:34 AM)
I haven't visited the buster in years. I'm not planning on clicking on any other threads. However, I did want to post this here and see what the reacton(s) might be. I just posted this on Facebook, so some of you have or will see it there as well.

Gun control leads to gun confiscation which leads to a gun free population. Liberals love that thought! But, there is one more part in this equation: A gun free population is a helpless, controlled population. It's the proverbial slippery slope. America used to be a nation that would take so much, but only so much before it collectively said "Hell No! This will not stand!" I don't know if that America still exists. We've been indoctrinated since youth by public education, morally corrupted by various forms of entertainment, spiritually supressed by the elimination of God from our public lives, and brainwashed by a complicit newsmedia. My generation has witnessed the slow and steady progression toward "The Wussification of America". Just this week, two little 6 year old boys were suspended from school for playing cops and robbers by simulating guns with their hands and yelling "Pow!". What happened to letting little boys actually be little boys? These kids are growing up without a gender identity, or a confused one at best. Boys are growing up not knowing who they are supposed to be. The messages they are receiving are suppressing their potential manhood. If a boy shows signs of not following the program, they pump them full of Ritalin or some other mind-messing drug and stick a label on them of 'troubled'. Women, you've been victimized by this grand scheme also. You are now in the work force because it takes two incomes to make any progress, but they are also collecting taxes from twice as many workers as they were just two generations ago. While you bring home the bacon, you send your kids to their indoctrination camps knows as school, come home from work tired and not quite as on top of things as you should be when it comes to what they are teaching your kids. Now, I know it's dad's responsibility too but we used to have at least one parent with their fingers on the pulse of their kids' lives at all times. We need to wake up before it's too damn late.

Legit thought this was a Greg thread.

"Indoctrinated" is one way to put getting an education. Would you say private-schools are bastions of free though and philosophy?

Spiritually suppressed? Nah, the difference is every other religion got tired of Christianity waving it's dick around in everyone's face and doesn't want to be forced to be a Judeo-Christian country.

Following the program? Ritalin is if you have ADHD and it's actually difficult for you to process. It's not like they look at him and go "JOHN THE SAVAGE HAS RADICAL IDEAS. GIVE HIM SO.MA (I can't type it all one word or it becomes "Worst Spammer Ever""

And now women are victimized by being in the work force? Did you seriously just type that? Please, go tell women everywhere how they should go back to being brood-mares.

Gender identity? They still have that, trust me. I don't know where you got that s***. I mean, we can cherry pick examples, but there are still plenty of ways for people to differentiate gender. I mean, I grew up with mainly girls as friends and I'm still highly aware that I have a penis. I mean yeah, boys are no longer dominant if that's what you mean.

A gun free population isn't helpless nor completely controlled. Neither is an armed one. You know why?

"Oh, deed-a-lee-doo, just gonna go rebel against the country today. I have an assault rife, I'm ready."

Army: "Air strike ready? Oh, it's done? K, let's go get lunch."

Unless you're one of the crazies that wants this: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/a...-icbms/1FNJQnr8

Edited by Quinarvy

In the wild west there were few law enforcement officers and they were shady at best. Has the world changed a bit since then?

In 1783 the government had no money for a professional, full time army. Has the world changed a bit since then?

In days gone by, hunting for your supper was just a routine part of your day. There were no supermarkets to buy meat. Has the world changed a bit since then?

Not too long ago girls were taught to say no no no and guys were taught to keep pursuing past all those nos until she gave in. Has the world changed a bit since then?

Bullying was just a part of growing up in the 1950s. Has the world changed a bit since then?

Teenage fights in the 1950s were skin on skin. Has the world changed a bit since then?

Some people change with the times, so wish to go back to those times.

The two income point is interesting. When we see jobs that do allow for a woman to stay home, say being an autoworker in Detroit or a school teacher in Chicago we complain they are earning too much. When there is talk about raising the minimum wage, it's too damn much. Then was applaud and present as successful the investors that buy companies to move the jobs overseas. See the profits they made for their investors!

I am still laughing my ass off at the school comment.

And YAS, when the military takes over, do you think the President will be a Dem or a Rep?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 07:51 AM)
The two income point is interesting. When we see jobs that do allow for a woman to stay home, say being an autoworker in Detroit or a school teacher in Chicago we complain they are earning too much. When there is talk about raising the minimum wage, it's too damn much. Then was applaud and present as successful the investors that buy companies to move the jobs overseas. See the profits they made for their investors!

I am still laughing my ass off at the school comment.

And YAS, when the military takes over, do you think the President will be a Dem or a Rep?

wages have been stagnant for decades while the COL hasn't, that's one major reason for two-income households.

A gun free population isn't helpless nor completely controlled. Neither is an armed one. You know why?

"Oh, deed-a-lee-doo, just gonna go rebel against the country today. I have an assault rife, I'm ready."

Unless you're one of the crazies that wants this: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/a...-icbms/1FNJQnr8

Airstrikes do not win wars of occupation. An A-10 cant stand on a corner, it cant talk to people, it cant coordinate with anything other than what it intends to destroy. It doesn't work for insurrection. I know liberals in the wake of this gun control bulls*** have suddenly fallen in love with our bloated defense system and how much killing it can heap on Americans, but it's been marred in a quagmire fighting against dudes with Saigas and Mosin-Nagants hiding in caves.

Talk about drones against too, talk about how vulnerable their supply chain, command centers and facilities are. Or how pathetic its defenses are against anything more than a RPG. All the drones are controlled from a military base in Nebraska, the heart of gun-country... wonder how long that would last against an educated opponent? (not long).

As for tanks, you can own a tank (I believe still in all 50 states). In some states you can drive on roads without rubberized treads, in most states you can drive on the roads WITH rubberized treads... in some places you can even put your own goddamn gun on it to replace the deactivated one. How many tank massacres do we see? Not many, that dude in San Diego like 20 years ago and Killdozer guy who turned a bulldozer into a tank in his garage. In both those cases the only fatality was the perpetrator (one suicide, one suicide by cop). You can own rockets too, and build your own cannons. All of that is legal.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

So Duke, can you really image another country's military leaders thinking this

"OK, we can beat their Navy even though they have ships all over the globe, we can defeat their Air Force based all over the globe, their Army and Marines are really no threat to our superior forces, and well their nuclear weapons are kind of wussy, but dammit, how are we going to get past all those WalMart rifles they have bought?

So sure, everyone in the major cities can hide and be rebels, but how are they going to eat? Without regular resupplies into the supermarkets, the cities and tens of millions of Americans in those cities will never have a chance to fire a bullet once the highways are blockaded. We are a net *importer* of foods as a nation. We can't even feed ourselves without foreign suppliers.

The world has changed.

What does "well regulated" mean?

So Duke, can you really image another country's military leaders thinking this

"OK, we can beat their Navy even though they have ships all over the globe, we can defeat their Air Force based all over the globe, their Army and Marines are really no threat to our superior forces, and well their nuclear weapons are kind of wussy, but dammit, how are we going to get past all those WalMart rifles they have bought?

So sure, everyone in the major cities can hide and be rebels, but how are they going to eat? Without regular resupplies into the supermarkets, the cities and tens of millions of Americans in those cities will never have a chance to fire a bullet once the highways are blockaded. We are a net *importer* of foods as a nation. We can't even feed ourselves without foreign suppliers.

The world has changed.

What does "well regulated" mean?

Haha so they've got from "doom-rifles equipped with detachable assault clips with baby-seeking high velocity military grade death-bullets" to "Wal-Mart rifles". Funny how the facts change. In any case, there's a lot of M14's lying around in this country, which up until like 18 months ago was the standard marksmanship rifle for the USMC. The new one (M25) is still on the M14 platform. That gun does not mess around, and you can (or could) buy one for $1500. Its just as lethal as almost any rifle in service around the world.

Whatever, that wasn't your point.

Unless the government plans on just wasting every American citizen and having no country left, they'll have to be selective about who they fight. They'll have to visually confirm a threat, they'll have to figure out who's an enemy and who's not. A-10's and drones really cant do that, because the only way you know about the insurgents is when they're shooting at you.

The government better make a really good point to feed people, or they'll go from having a small percentage of the population revolting to everyone taking up arms overnight. Besides, I have the skills to survive in the woods with a .22lr and a hatchet for like a week at a time and do alright. Most people do too, even if they dont know it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 02:51 AM)

Ok, since this seems to have become the defacto argument people like to use when it comes to this, let me be the first to shoot it down. It's an argument people make without actually giving it any thought...and, well, it's a bad argument.

First and foremost, the "army" you speak of is made up of civilians, most of which will NOT fire upon the citizens of their own country (aka their own friends and families) even when commanded to do so. MOST of these men and women will turn these "air strikes" you speak of back on the very people who ordered them. Yes, some of them WILL remain loyal to the government that commands them to turn arms on their own people, some of them are brainwashed enough by their corrupt leaders to do this...and those are the ones that this armed militia will kill off, with the help of the many others that do NOT follow orders to kill their own.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 09:44 AM)
let's stop pretending that we need to even entertain the idea of widespread open, armed insurrection in this country as a legitimate thing

You never know. I doubt we'd see anything like this in our lifetime, and perhaps even the next...but that's a quite shallow view of time. Someday, there will be another revolution in this country, that's not a guess, it's an inevitability. So while it's not a legitimate thing NOW, it will be someday.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 03:34 AM)

well this happened.

'Murica.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 08:59 AM)
Haha so they've got from "doom-rifles equipped with detachable assault clips with baby-seeking high velocity military grade death-bullets" to "Wal-Mart rifles". Funny how the facts change. In any case, there's a lot of M14's lying around in this country, which up until like 18 months ago was the standard marksmanship rifle for the USMC. The new one (M25) is still on the M14 platform. That gun does not mess around, and you can (or could) buy one for $1500. Its just as lethal as almost any rifle in service around the world.

Whatever, that wasn't your point.

Unless the government plans on just wasting every American citizen and having no country left, they'll have to be selective about who they fight. They'll have to visually confirm a threat, they'll have to figure out who's an enemy and who's not. A-10's and drones really cant do that, because the only way you know about the insurgents is when they're shooting at you.

The government better make a really good point to feed people, or they'll go from having a small percentage of the population revolting to everyone taking up arms overnight. Besides, I have the skills to survive in the woods with a .22lr and a hatchet for like a week at a time and do alright. Most people do too, even if they dont know it.

Duke, did you see the part where I wrote "another country"? It seems like you are replying that it is the US government.

And OK, after they have wiped out our trained military from around the globe, are they really going to be worried about the citizens and their weapons (any and all currently available), or will that be part of the mop up?

A

‎"I wish armed Jews in the ghetto could stop Hitler. But my feeling was, France couldn't. And I'm pretty sure they had guns. Russia had kind of a lot of guns, and they couldn't stop Hitler, until you factored in the wind chill.

It's an awful lot to put on an oppressed minority, when it took the free world 5 to 6 years of all-out total war to stop that motherf***er. So let's stop arguing these 'what ifs'."

-- Jon Stewart

Is this relevant to the discussion?

Just this week, two little 6 year old boys were suspended from school for playing cops and robbers by simulating guns with their hands and yelling "Pow!". What happened to letting little boys actually be little boys?

btw, just this week this didn't actually happen:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/educat...4efc_story.html

At school, a counselor “had an extended conversation” with the child to emphasize “the inappropriateness of using objects to make shooting gestures,” and an assistant principal had talked to the boy about the “seriousness” of the issue, the letter said.

“Yet, after the meeting with the counselor and assistant principal, [the boy] chose to point his finger at a female classmate and say ‘Pow,’ ” wrote Judith S. Bresler, the school system’s attorney.

This happened about a week after Sandy, not "just this week," it was one boy, and he was suspended after he was told not to do that anymore.

let's stop pretending that we need to even entertain the idea of widespread open, armed insurrection in this country as a legitimate thing

"Nobody would dare hurt my beloved government! They wouldn't dare. They're just here to help people by taking away their rights and stealing money from them to give to other people who are lazy... whats wrong with that?"

Duke, did you see the part where I wrote "another country"? It seems like you are replying that it is the US government.

And OK, after they have wiped out our trained military from around the globe, are they really going to be worried about the citizens and their weapons (any and all currently available), or will that be part of the mop up?

Our right to bear arms as a deterrent to foreign invaders is redundant because an opposing military couldn't sneak much more than a canoe across either of the oceans against the US Navy. But that's not the only reason we have the 2nd Amendment.

btw, just this week this didn't actually happen:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/educat...4efc_story.html

This happened about a week after Sandy, not "just this week," it was one boy, and he was suspended after he was told not to do that anymore.

This is why I wont send my kids to public schools. Brainwashing kids to think guns are inherently evil, and when they refuse to comply you punish them disproportionately. Remember kids, fall in line with the liberal agenda OR ELSE.

edit- Unless you're like HSBC or David Gregory... then I guess you're good.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

Totally understand why you rarely post here anymore. Like you, I and several others are doing the same thing. Every topic is a circle jerk, that leads to the same logic.

a worthy post, i salute you YASNY. And yes, the country has undergone an extreme wussification.

I hate it when schools teach responsible gun ownership!

Like, don't let kids even pretend they are running around with guns. Particularly, we don't point our guns at our friends. I had no problem following the same kind of rules at my grade schools and then letting my parents teach me how to use guns.

Also, yes, it's a shame that women aren't home taking care of my babies.

But mainly...why are we afraid of a government takeover? Do you realize who runs the government? Who populates the military? The only way to "take over" is to win a war of ideas. I'm dubious that a radical change in ideology is possible in the information age, but regardless at this point the way gun advocates talk about their guns just alienates people. It alienates me, who wants to own guns.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 11:29 AM)
I have a feeling it won't be much longer until this thread is closed.

Why, because it offends you and you are entitled to never be offended on the internet now? You are simply proving the wussification theory.