Sox-Pads 3/3

Cali

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
Peavy getting torched.

Spring training.

I vaguely recall everyone freaking out about this during ST last year when all Peavy was doing was throwing his fastball to loosen his arm up.

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
He's got lead feet and just swinging with his forearms only. Looks so bad.

That's usually when you can tell his back is bothering him. Seems like he doesn't want to put torque on his back so it is all arms

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
I don't know what the deal was, but the Mitchell I saw for a few games last summer was not a guy you'd glow about.

Nothing about Mitchell really has ever sang to me. But Buddy Bell loves the kid. What that means, I don't know.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)
I do not think Hawkins will be a regular next year. He is still too raw from the accounts I've heard. Possibly 2015 but that's even stretching it.

Hawkins is starting in high A ball. That means he still needs to make the biggest leap of all to AA ball, before we even start to talk about Chicago.

Not sure if there was any discussion of Rienzo in the WBC, but he looked ok. He got wild at times. Got into it a little bit with Alfonso Marquez, so he's already making friends with big league umpires. He's definitely not a calm guy on the mound...at least not last night.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 12:32 PM)
I think that's stretching it the wrong way. What if he cuts up A and AA pitching this year? Many of the really great ones start young.

You could be right but I don't think so. I think it's 2015 at the earliest as a regular. I could see him as a Sept call up next year but not starting the season.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 07:09 PM)
You could be right but I don't think so. I think it's 2015 at the earliest as a regular. I could see him as a Sept call up next year but not starting the season.

Our OF looks like it will be fairly crowded until that season anyway, plus there are a few guys in the OF in our system that are farther along and might get themselves spots before then as well.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 07:09 PM)

I agree with 2015 being the safe guess. I disagree with that being the earliest though. Since his body is so developed I think the absolute ceiling is cup of coffee this year with a chance of forcing his way up some time next year. But you're timetable is much more realistic for sure.