Big 10 Tournament Thread

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 10:19 PM)
As an Iowa State student, I despise Iowa and their fans. However, I feel for this team, they deserve to be in the NCAA tournament. They have choked away so many leads and have been competitive in almost every game, but a terrible loss at Nebraska is going to cost them.

However, as a fellow Iowa Stater, I say f*** Iowa.

One of these years I hope it goes into double or triple OT and goes past the 5PM selection show start.

CBS stretches about 20 minutes worth of bracket-revealing into 60 minutes, so the BIG final could run over by 30 minutes and CBS could still easily get everything presented by the set end time.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 06:52 AM)
CBS stretches about 20 minutes worth of bracket-revealing into 60 minutes, so the BIG final could run over by 30 minutes and CBS could still easily get everything presented by the set end time.

And I'm sure they can delay later programming too. It would just be funny if the entire nation tuned in for the bracket revealing and instead was succumbed to Wisconsin basketball.

And I'm sure they can delay later programming too. It would just be funny if the entire nation tuned in for the bracket revealing and instead was succumbed to Wisconsin basketball.

CBS does what they can to get people to watch the game before the bracket revealing. They talk live with the selection chair before the game and at halftime, and they make sure Nantz/Buckner talk a lot about #1 seeds, bubble teams, etc., during the game. Of course when it's a Wisconsin game, there's plenty of time to fill with such discussion.