ST: 3/14 at Angels

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
Danks got crushed today by the Angels. In my opinion, I wish he could rehab a bit more in AAA and let Santiago start in the rotation.

His 3rd start . I didn't expect much . Had a rough go but looked like he threw all his pitches but command not sharp. Really not surprising at all. Looks like he's right on schedule to be Sox 4th or 5th starter.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 04:52 PM)
His 3rd start . I didn't expect much . Had a rough go but looked like he threw all his pitches but command not sharp. Really not surprising at all. Looks like he's right on schedule to be Sox 4th or 5th starter.

3rd

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
Just my opinion on where he should be in the rotation though 3rd is where he will probably end up to keep the rotation LRLRL. Could switch him with Quintana.

They could, but right now Danks is scheduled for April 4. To push him back to April 6th or 7th would seem to be pointless. So, to me, it's either April 4th or it'll be mid- to late April if he's not ready to go.

Got a feeling Danks will be the weakest link of the rotation this season. Not a big surprise those, no matter how bad an injury is missing an entire season is tough for anyone to bounce back from right away.

Maybe for the stretch run he will be pitching better. (And that will matter for the team)

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 06:51 PM)
Got a feeling Danks will be the weakest link of the rotation this season. Not a big surprise those, no matter how bad an injury is missing an entire season is tough for anyone to bounce back from right away.

Maybe for the stretch run he will be pitching better. (And that will matter for the team)

He pitched 80+ innings last year. He missed like 60% of the season, not an entire season.

I'll expect him to wind up somewhere close to his averages until I'm given a reason to think otherwise. If he's not ready, then this team won't throw him out there to start the season, but he's been on a throwing routine since January that they call normal. It seems like he's right at the usual place when guys have bad outings in ST as they extend their arms and work on their control.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)
He pitched 80+ innings last year. He missed like 60% of the season, not an entire season.

I'll expect him to wind up somewhere close to his averages until I'm given a reason to think otherwise. If he's not ready, then this team won't throw him out there to start the season, but he's been on a throwing routine since January that they call normal. It seems like he's right at the usual place when guys have bad outings in ST as they extend their arms and work on their control.

I wouldn't even count those innings he did pitch last year, since that wasn't really Danks and it was obviously pretty fast that something was up.

I'm just saying its been a whole season since he was 100% and I hope he gets back to that in 2013, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's not "back to normal" until 2014. Thankful there is depth in Santiago...

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
I wouldn't even count those innings he did pitch last year, since that wasn't really Danks and it was obviously pretty fast that something was up.

I'm just saying its been a whole season since he was 100% and I hope he gets back to that in 2013, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's not "back to normal" until 2014. Thankful there is depth in Santiago...

Yes, something was up, but he was also still working his arm.

"Obviously the results don't show, but I feel like this was probably one of my better outings just in terms of seeing some results,'' Danks said. "I threw some good changeups, I was able to get the cutter working toward the end. Obviously I gotta get the ball down, but that'll come. There's plenty of positives to take out of it. Obviously you don't like to come out of it like that, but it's another small step. I won't say a leap, but it's a small step in the right direction.''