Brian Urlacher Appreciation Thread

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 22, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
He wasn't rejected by the Bears. In fact, HE rejected the Bears. Then they signed a bunch of dudes and said "sorry bro, ships full, feel me dog?"

Well technically he rejected their lowball offer, so you're right about that, but that offer itself was a big kiss goodbye from Halas Hall, and almost certainly made with fingers crossed that he'd turn it down as hoped.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 22, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
What Brian didn't understand was that $2 million was NOT a lowball offer.

It certainly wasn't for the player he'd become. Although still a ton of money, it was in proportion to his last contract's average ($8.7 M), but that's how it goes.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 22, 2013 -> 11:07 AM)
Well technically he rejected their lowball offer, so you're right about that, but that offer itself was a big kiss goodbye from Halas Hall, and almost certainly made with fingers crossed that he'd turn it down as hoped.

He's retiring because he couldn't find another contract offer worthy of signing. It was not a low ball offer.

I have to imagine that Urlacher will have a hard time passing a physical in order to sign a contract that he wants, which probably made him lean towards retiring.

We could all see last season, he simply couldnt make hard cuts on his knee anymore. His great plays were the result of him being in the right place at the right time using his brain, not his speed.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 22, 2013 -> 04:12 PM)
Fondest memory will be of using him in Madden during his prime when he had a 90 Speed rating at MLB and id get at least 8 sacks per game :headbang :headbang :headbang

He was an interception monster just last season in Madden. They never dropped his rating realistically.

To get my views, you're going to have to go to foxsports.com. -- Remember that whole debacle?

Anyhoo...Great player carrying on the Chicago Middle LB Tradition. So many memorable moments. He and the "Murderer" were always in the battle for the top LB spot.

Glad he retired only wearing a Bears Uni.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 23, 2013 -> 11:09 AM)
Brian Urlacher was so manly that to cancel out some of the manliness, he wore purple dresses in the spring time and went shopping in Paris. I heard this from my uncle's mechanic's girlfriend who shops in Paris all the time.

he did something in paris, but it wasnt shop