ST: 3/27 vs Indians

flavum

Just thought I'd check Viciedo stats this spring against right and left handed pitchers since an improvement against righties would go a long way towards him taking the next step. Against lefties .167 .250 .481 . Against righties .326 .652 .993 . That's BA, Slugging and OPS. small sample size but complete opposite of what you would expect. Only 12 AB's against lefties so take it for what it's worth.

No Rios again.

Matt Zaleski starting for the Sox.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 02:17 PM)
Just thought I'd check Viciedo stats this spring against right and left handed pitchers since an improvement against righties would go a long way towards him taking the next step. Against lefties .167 .250 .481 . Against righties .326 .652 .993 . That's BA, Slugging and OPS. small sample size but complete opposite of what you would expect. Only 12 AB's against lefties so take it for what it's worth.

No Rios again.

Matt Zaleski starting for the Sox.

Where on Earth are you finding ST Split stats?

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
I haven't seen much of this ST but Beckham was really quick on that inside pitch. Not a lot of wasted movement. Let's hope that translates to the regular season.

yeah he looked pretty good last wed. when I went to the game, he CRUSHED the HR he hit to left.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
I haven't seen much of this ST but Beckham was really quick on that inside pitch. Not a lot of wasted movement. Let's hope that translates to the regular season.

I've seen a couple scouty-type people tweet that they saw a real difference in his bat quickness this spring.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
With the way Omogrosso pitched this spring, I kinda want Crain to get lit up here, and go on the DL.

Careful there - look at his peripherals. He's done well, but having more walks than K's isn't sustainable with a low ERA for long. He's been good keeping the hits at bay though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
Careful there - look at his peripherals. He's done well, but having more walks than K's isn't sustainable with a low ERA for long. He's been good keeping the hits at bay though.

I'll see your peripherals, and raise you a sample size.

The K/BB was good last year for Omo. He seems to know what he's doing out there. I have a feeling Crain will avoid the DL now, but he'll get there eventually and Omogrosso will be the first guy up.