GT Sox @ Rangers 4-30 7:05PM CST

pettie4sox

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 10:20 PM)
Can you explain further why you believe this to be so?

Random plays on the field, base running, a few blunders. Again I said it seems to ME. I'm no expert I could be wrong, but no one is a expert so I guess it's more opinion on how he looks and handles himself

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:22 PM)
Why oh why do you bring Veal in when he's been so awful? De Aza played that one awful as well.

DeAza really should have had it. When the announcers are comparing you to Nelson Cruz defensively....

That said, Moreland was 7 for his last 18 against LH pitchers.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 10:22 PM)
YAY SABR ANALYSIS VENTURA....

DeAza misplayed it again, took the wrong route and first step was in the opposite direction.

MORELAND NOW 8 for his last 19 against lefties.

Great work, Ventura.

See what I mean???

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)
YAY SABR ANALYSIS VENTURA....

DeAza misplayed it again, took the wrong route and first step was in the opposite direction.

MORELAND NOW 8 for his last 19 against lefties.

Great work, Ventura.

He's also a .607 OPS career hitter against lefties. You have to pick your sample.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:24 AM)
On top of it all Dunn was out of positon. He needed to be in the middle of the field to cut that throw and stop the guy from going to third.

Nice observation...ugh

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:24 PM)
He's also a .607 OPS career hitter against lefties. You have to pick your sample.

He started out 1 for 18 this year in that category....but 7 for his last 18.

That's a pretty strong recent trend. Combined with Veal's horrible trend recently, it's not a great combination.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:25 PM)
And Ramirez should have gone to third instead of home. You definately don't want this becoming a two run game.

That is up to someone to tell him where to throw and Dunn to be there for the cut. That is one thing konerko does really well.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
Gimenez must have said something awful to that home plate ump. He hasn't caught a break yet

When you're playing in our 12th or 13th MLB game at age 30, you're not going to get much respect from umps yet.

Another factor lost with AJ, that gamesmanship angle with the umps and opposing players.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:27 AM)
That is up to someone to tell him where to throw and Dunn to be there for the cut. That is one thing konerko does really well.

With all the injuries, it's been hard to get a lot of continuity in the lineup/on the field.