GT Sox @ Rangers 4-30 7:05PM CST

pettie4sox

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

DeAza acting like he had a play on that ball. HA!

"All four wheels going in different directions for the White Sox.

One of the worst innings of relief pitching by any team this year!"

Rangers' announcers

By the way, Beltre was a sizzling 3 for 29 with RISP before that AB.

Two and one half hours in, and we're only in the bottom of the 6th.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
No. Our bullpen is fine.

The Tigers' bullpen has more depth right now.

Downs and Smyly...Smyly could be a 4th/5th starter on 20 MLB teams, if not more.

Coke was bad but very good in the late season and playoffs.

Alburquerque is nasty when healthy and feasts on the Sox.

Villarreal has been a disappointment, but his stuff is quite similar to Nathan Jones.

Benoit....and then Rondon and Papa Grande.

We have a huge weakness now with Veal and Thornton.

Crain, Lindstrom and Jones are all struggling. With Santiago starting for awhile, we're even weaker.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:30 AM)
The next 2 weeks is definitely danger time. If the Sox keep playing poorly, they can easily put themselves into a hole that statistically is very difficult to overcome. With that said, a lot of this has to fall on the pitching, as the offense scored a decent amount of runs against 3 of the 4 best pitchers in the AL.

It's scary. I agree statistically things could be pretty bad after the KC series this weekend.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 1, 2013 -> 03:40 AM)
Remember when some wanted to make Jones the closer? Has he taken a step back or what? Geez.

The Rangers announcers were just ripping the way he throws. I despise his motion the way he slings his arm. He was embarrassingly bad tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:44 PM)
It's scary. I agree statistically things could be pretty bad after the KC series this weekend.

The Rangers announcers were just ripping the way he throws. I despise his motion the way he slings his arm. He was embarrassingly bad tonight.

Given his control problems, he probably made his motion that way to cut out excess movement. Makes him easier to pick up, unfortunately.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 08:44 PM)

For someone throwing 97-100 MPH, his fastball is arrow straight most of the time and easier to pick up with that motion.

Like Reed, he can only be effective getting ahead of counts and getting his off-speed stuff over to keep hitters honest.

Without the slider, he's dead in the water.

Who called the useless Adam Dunn homer? LoL.

Edited by caulfield12