Very unlikely trade rumor involving PK, JC, HS

cabiness42

I know nothing about the credibility of this site, but this just popped up in my Facebook feed:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ChicagoWhit...location=stream

Supposedly the Sox are going to get Goldschmidt from ARI and Callaspo from LAA in exchange for Konerko (ARI), Crain and Santiago (LAA). It isn't mentioned, but presumably something substantial would also have to go from LAA to ARI.

I find this highly unlikely because it seems too good to be true on the Sox end and why on earth would Arizona give up Goldschmidt?

I almost didn't even bother to post it but these wild stories do end up true about 0.5% of the time.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 20, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
Yea the only thing funnier than that "rumor" are the comments from people underneath it who are against the trade because they don't want to give up Konerko.

lol I can't write anything for Yahoo! about our pitching without people claiming that losing Buehrle is the worst thing we've ever done

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 20, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
He's not on the DL but he's been struggling so much plus gotten 'extra' days off here and there so it seems pretty likely that he has some level of injury.

You know, I did notice that Dunn's playing a lot of 1B so far...

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ May 20, 2013 -> 02:04 PM)
I've heard that this trade is agreed upon in principal, pending a brain scan and psychological evaluation of the Diamondbacks GM.

I mean it wouldn't be the first, second, or even third Kevin Towers move that seemed to make absolutely no sense to anyone at the time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 20, 2013 -> 12:49 PM)
Alot of that is because apparently Dunn relaxes and hits better when in the field, at least thats a theory.

I do remember that and it... kinda seemed to work although this season? Er, not so much...