6/2 Games

flavum

Hawkins is off the DL.

Dash (28-26) lineup v. CAR: DeMichele-2B, Curley-DH, Smith-C, Farrell-3B, Hawkins-CF, Haddow-RF, Ravelo-1B, Buckner-LF, Herbek-SS/Beck-RHP

Game will start in a rain delay.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
but not the lineup I'd like to see him in.

I expect we will finally see Phegley in late July or early August.

If he continues hitting like this, that would be a reasonable schedule for him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
That's great news. At this point, even a half season at Kannapolis would have to be considered a victory for him.

If he stays healthy, he may still pop 15 over the fence for Kanny, if he struggles I'd assume he'll at least start 2014 in Kanny.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
The breaking pitches he struck out on in his second AB were really out of the zone. Troubling that he did not recognize them.

So we drafted a guy that can't hit breaking balls AND can't recognize a bad pitch?? Who scouted this guy?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
So we drafted a guy that can't hit breaking balls AND can't recognize a bad pitch?? Who scouted this guy?

He's coming off the DL so he should be cut some slack. I do wonder what the plan is for him though as in why is he still in high-A.

You guys want high risk, high reward athletes who are the best player available at the time, can rise through the system rapidly, and become stars rapidly with no difficulties. And don't tweet too much about themselves.

This does not compute.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
You guys want high risk, high reward athletes who are the best player available at the time, can rise through the system rapidly, and become stars rapidly with no difficulties. And don't tweet too much about themselves.

This does not compute.

I don't understand. Are you blaming posters on message boards for the state of the Sox farm system?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)

This does not compute.

Strawman.

People here are mainly disappointed that Hawkins, even for how young he is, has struck out in ~60% of his ABs. The twitter complaints are admittedly dumb.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 04:34 PM)
Strawman.

People here are mainly disappointed that Hawkins, even for how young he is, has struck out in ~60% of his ABs. The twitter complaints are admittedly dumb.

Not just disappointed, people are blaming scouts for his failure already.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
Not just disappointed, people are blaming scouts for his failure already.

That's admittedly super ignorant. I don't think anyone was blaming the scouts last year for his performance...