White Sox draft thread: Day Three

southsider2k5

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Octavio Rodriguez, LHP, Franklin HS, HS, 6'04" 185lbs DOB: 04/04/95

@tavs27

"As a 6-foot-4, 205-pound lefty, Rodriguez has the prototypical pitcher's build. He can already hit 93 mph with his fastball and should see an increase in velocity once he fills out. His changeup and curve could also be above-average in the future. He is still somewhat raw, however, and needs to show better command of each of his pitches. Rodriguez is committed to Oklahoma and is considered a very tough sign. If he goes on to college, he has the potential to be a first-round pick in three years."

Scouting video - http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?topic_id=4039549...ent_id=27714739

This appears to be where we will put a lot of our money saved from the last 15-20 straight college players we have drafted.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 05:54 PM)
Octavio Rodriguez, LHP, Franklin HS, HS, 6'04" 185lbs DOB: 04/04/95

@tavs27

"As a 6-foot-4, 205-pound lefty, Rodriguez has the prototypical pitcher's build. He can already hit 93 mph with his fastball and should see an increase in velocity once he fills out. His changeup and curve could also be above-average in the future. He is still somewhat raw, however, and needs to show better command of each of his pitches. Rodriguez is committed to Oklahoma and is considered a very tough sign. If he goes on to college, he has the potential to be a first-round pick in three years."

Scouting video - http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?topic_id=4039549...ent_id=27714739

This appears to be where we will put a lot of our money saved from the last 15-20 straight college players we have drafted.

We won't sign him unless someone in the top 10 surprises and won't sign, but at this point, you keep him away from other teams and start getting to know his family and such if you want to draft him in a couple years.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 06:41 PM)
Does he project that well?

I played against him years ago, while I am sure he has improved, I wasn't very impressed by the 14 year old version of him. lol

At least according to the mlb.com bio for him, they said if he isn't drafted in the first few rounds, he wouldn't be signing. Round 32 or whatever is a long way away from first few. lol.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 05:41 PM)
Does he project that well?

I played against him years ago, while I am sure he has improved, I wasn't very impressed by the 14 year old version of him. lol

Did you play travel ball in Chicago area?