Game Thread: White Sox vs. those pesky Astros

BigEdWalsh

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
If you give up Peavy and Rios, it's unlikely one team would be willing to give up enough in return to make it worth it for the Sox.

Olt and Andrus? Olt and Kinsler(to make up for the salary sent their way)?.......debated making that green

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

Stone criticizing Flowers for setting up too early. I remember Hector being interviewed on the Score in the preseason and talking about how much he liked throwing to Tyler because he gave him a good, early target with his mitt.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 01:42 PM)
This pleases me at least in that I picked up Dallas Keuchel on a couple of fantasy teams. Not a bad strategy to pick up probable starters who are facing the White Sox.

Remember the last few years when AAA pitchers and rookie pitchers made the Sox look bad?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
Santiago dominated with his fastball today, just far too much damage done on his secondary pitches.

Interesting stat thrown out Friday by the Astro announcers.First pick pitchers make it to the majors 62% of the time,for at least one game.Position first pick players make it 79%,for one game minimum.Teams spend a lot of money on first rounders and push these kids to get some type of return on them.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
I see Aardsma pitched for the Mets todsy. I didn't kinow he was still around.

Carlos Torres also pitched for the Mets today...I'd rather see him out there than Nate Jones. The Cubs swept a bad team, and the Sox may get swept by an even worse team. What's wrong with this picture?

QUOTE (mike89128 @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
Remember the last few years when AAA pitchers and rookie pitchers made the Sox look bad?

Probably no other team is as consistently bad against such, as are the White Sox.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
Carlos Torres also pitched for the Mets today...I'd rather see him out there than Nate Jones. The Cubs swept a bad team, and the Sox may get swept by an even worse team. What's wrong with this picture?

WHAT?

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 01:57 PM)

Nothing. The Sox have become that "worse team".

Yayyyyy we didn't get shutout....LMAO

Bet that is their mindset....so sad.

Just watching other games around the league home plate umpires seem like they have been brutal this year. Missed calls everywhere.

Why can't we just give them a device with the strike zone on it & let them sit back there & call balls & strikes?

People wonder why scoring seems to be down in baseball but just look at a lot of the calls these homeplate umps are making. We have the technology, no reason not to use it.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 02:00 PM)
Yayyyyy we didn't get shutout....LMAO

Bet that is their mindset....so sad.

Just watching other games around the league home plate umpires seem like they have been brutal this year. Missed calls everywhere.

Why can't we just give them a device with the strike zone on it & let them sit back there & call balls & strikes?

People wonder why scoring seems to be down in baseball but just look at a lot of the calls these homeplate umps are making. We have the technology, no reason not to use it.

Always felt that the home plate ump should be the best of the ump and the position is permenent.