Game Thread 6/17

cabiness42

I don't get why Ventura is keeping Alexei in the 2nd spot when he's openly questioning (Ventura that is) if it's having a negative impact on Alexei's power. I'm all for giving Beckham the chance batting 2nd, as it's not like things can get much worse for this offense.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why Ventura is keeping Alexei in the 2nd spot when he's openly questioning (Ventura that is) if it's having a negative impact on Alexei's power. I'm all for giving Beckham the chance batting 2nd, as it's not like things can get much worse for this offense.

I'm all for penciling in Rios at #3 and drawing the other 8 spots out of a hat.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 01:28 AM)
I'm all for penciling in Rios at #3 and drawing the other 8 spots out of a hat.

It's just amazing the lack of energy and enthusiasm this team has. Everyone continues to play so tight. It will be interesting to see if anyone in the organization has the balls to make changes after what has to be one of the more ridiculous 4 game series in recent Sox history (assuming they go on to lose tonight).

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 02:41 AM)
Viciedo is a brutal baseball player.

He's playing himself into a platoon player for another team most likely. Just another of the disappointments with regards to offensive players developed by the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 08:46 PM)
According to ESPN, Keppinger has the worst WAR in baseball. Viciedo is 3rd, and Konerko is 4th (since Young Jr. is no longer on the Rockies). That's incredibly impressive to have 3 of the top 4!

Makes exciting baseball glad I am not paying to see it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 01:46 AM)
According to ESPN, Keppinger has the worst WAR in baseball. Viciedo is 3rd, and Konerko is 4th (since Young Jr. is no longer on the Rockies). That's incredibly impressive to have 3 of the top 4!

Shocked Flowers isnt there. Dunn is probably up there too.