Rockies

Lemon_44

I was looking at some teams and I noticed the Rockies are screaming for starting pitching. I think a healthy Peavy would be a perfect fir for that team as they need an ace and don't look to have a veteran leader. They have Oswalt, Peavy's buddy, but he has been terrible.

I don't know too much about their younger players. Two young guys that are putting up good numbers, and I don't know if they are considered cornerstone players or are being helped by playing in Coors field, are Willin Rosario and Nolan Arenado. Is it reasonable to think a deal involving Peavy could land one, or even both (with additions from the Sox) in a trade?

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 05:25 AM)
I was looking at some teams and I noticed the Rockies are screaming for starting pitching. I think a healthy Peavy would be a perfect fir for that team as they need an ace and don't look to have a veteran leader. They have Oswalt, Peavy's buddy, but he has been terrible.

I don't know too much about their younger players. Two young guys that are putting up good numbers, and I don't know if they are considered cornerstone players or are being helped by playing in Coors field, are Willin Rosario and Nolan Arenado. Is it reasonable to think a deal involving Peavy could land one, or even both (with additions from the Sox) in a trade?

They're definitely not going to trade Arenado. He's their cornerstone 3B of the future.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 07:25 AM)
If the White Sox were to make a trade with the Rockies I would like to see them acquire David Dahl, who reminds me a lot of Grady Sizemore and even Mike Trout.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...62&c_id=col

Can we all universally agree that comparing any prospect to Mike Trout is officially unfair?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 07:34 AM)
Can we all universally agree that comparing any prospect to Mike Trout is officially unfair?

Can we all universally agree that putting down someone's SIXTH post is officially unfair?

The single worst thing about Soxtalk is the in-thread personal sniping and arrogance. If some Rockies farmhand reminds some poster of Mike Trout, so be it.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 06:25 AM)
If the White Sox were to make a trade with the Rockies I would like to see them acquire David Dahl, who reminds me a lot of Grady Sizemore and even Mike Trout.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...62&c_id=col

Dahl would be great, but I don't think the Rockies will give him up for a Peavy fresh off the DL.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 3, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
I liked him a lot after he first started getting attention and then he just tanked this year. Drafted out of HS, He went from 23% K ratio in Rookie Ball/2011, 22% in A-Ball/2012 and then balooned to 36.98% in High-A this year. He has shown great on base skills throughout and his defense has been getting better by year and could very well stay at short.

Colvin could have made sense too but not anymore with Fowler going on the DL yesterday. In fact I would have loved a package including Story and Colvin.

Story's stock has definitely dropped, but the Rockies glut of middle infielders matches up well with our lack. I'd much rather have Arenado or Dahl but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Rockies aren't parting with Arenado or Dahl. Rutledge is a possibility after Tulo returns next week. I have always liked outfielder Charlie Blackmon. Newcomer Corey Dickerson seems to have moved ahead of him. Rockies should be a good trading partner, because one pitcher could make a huge difference for them.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 5, 2013 -> 03:00 PM)
Rockies aren't parting with Arenado or Dahl. Rutledge is a possibility after Tulo returns next week. I have always liked outfielder Charlie Blackmon. Newcomer Corey Dickerson seems to have moved ahead of him. Rockies should be a good trading partner, because one pitcher could make a huge difference for them.

If Rutledge can't hit at Coors Field, I'm not sure if we want him.