Trade idea with the Dodgers

Dunt

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 08:35 AM)
Definitely a possibility for Peavy if he proves his health, but much less so since they picked up Nolasco.

With their current financial budget, I'd never count them out of any trade, but yeah, since they got Nolasco they are solid 4-deep in that rotation. It depends how concerned they are about the 5th spot with Capuano/Fife/Lilly

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 08:35 AM)
Definitely a possibility for Peavy if he proves his health, but much less so since they picked up Nolasco.

I could see a package of Reed and Ramirez for Pederson, Dee Gordon, and Onelki Garcia. Lets the Dodgers move Hanley to 3B and put Uribe in a UT role, and gets them the upgrade to Brandon League that they really need. Gordon can plug in to SS for the rest of the season and let him try to get things figured out.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
I could see a package of Reed and Ramirez for Pederson, Dee Gordon, and Onelki Garcia. Lets the Dodgers move Hanley to 3B and put Uribe in a UT role, and gets them the upgrade to Brandon League that they really need. Gordon can plug in to SS for the rest of the season and let him try to get things figured out.

Oh man, Dee Gordon is so bad. That would be a really bad trade for us if Reed is included.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 12:18 PM)
Oh man, Dee Gordon is so bad. That would be a really bad trade for us if Reed is included.

The other two are plenty good, Gordon is just a throw in. That is some good talent, Pedersen is their #2 and Garcia is #6.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)

I just don't see Ramirez as a fit there. Uribe is more productive than Alexei this year, they already have a utility guy in Punto, and possibly Hairston, and why mess with Hanley. Wasn't there an issue with him being asked to move to 3B to make room for Reyes a year or two ago?

Now, they might bite on Reed and Beckham.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)
Son of former-Sox Chris?

Yes I do believe so. Was 17th overall pick in 2011 draft. Has Plus-Plus raw power. 1B prospect. Just played in the Futures Game and is one of Angels best prospects in a system that is worse than the Sox system.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:25 PM)
Wrong Los Angeles team but is there anyway the Sox can acquire CJ Cron from the Angels? He is going to be blocked for quite some time. They will need pitching. Just a thought.

Angels are probably sellers come this trade deadline, though. They're 11 games behind Oakland and 9 games out of wild card contention with every team in the East as well as Texas and Cleveland in front of them. If Peavy isn't dealt this July or August, maybe there could be something with the Angels in the off season, but for now, I don't see them looking to buy pitching any time soon.

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
Angels are probably sellers come this trade deadline, though. They're 11 games behind Oakland and 9 games out of wild card contention with every team in the East as well as Texas and Cleveland in front of them. If Peavy isn't dealt this July or August, maybe there could be something with the Angels in the off season, but for now, I don't see them looking to buy pitching any time soon.

I agree. Even with him being blocked by Trumbo and Pujols for several years into the future, there is just no need for them to trade him now. But I fully expect Cron to be traded at some point in the next year or two.