White Sox v Tigers

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
It's actually an interesting question as to who is faster. The consensus is that Iglesias is not fast, especially for a MIF. However, how slow does that make him compared to a "fast big guy" like Garcia? Garcia has definitely done a better job of stealing bases in the minor leagues and has a bit lower rate of GDP than Iglesias

Every report I've seen on him rates his speed as above average .He was rushed through the Red Sox minors so his bat has some catching up to do but I think he can hit as well as Ozzie Smith did. And with his glove he'll be around a long time .I like Garcia better but there's no way I would've whined about getting Iglesias. But I value defense a lot more than some when you already have the pitching.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
I think he did the righ thing. It was the only way he was going to score on that.

He wasn't going to score there even if it dropped . He's a catcher and it was shallow enough for the SS to catch it. Maybe he's scores if he was off at the crack of the bat but he wasn't.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

If you want to have fun, go to baseball-reference and look at Detroit's salary commitments over the next 5 years. It is going to become near impossible for them to add to the team, especially as they have to re-up with Miggy and think about whether to keep VMart, Schezer, Fister, etc