Why not tank?

ron883

You see the title. Why don't the white sox go into tank mode? Put most of your veterans on waivers and get rid of them. If sox tank, they can get Rodon. IMO, Rodon would be on the fast track to the majors. Getting a potential ace next to sale would speed up rebuilding BIGTIME. We would have a very, very good staff. We would also have a lot of money to sign some competent offensive players. I believe the sox would be back on track very quickly with a tank season. Are you in favor of tanking? It is more acceptable in the majors IMO. You won't get much gripe for playing your young, future players. Especially when the current team stinks. Tanking is pretty much rebuilding. Are you in favor?

"Most of the veterans" should still have some value. Alexei Ramirez, Alex Rios ought to still have some value in trades. De Aza should have significant value. Those guys will get claimed on waivers and the Sox shouldn't move them unless they're getting a fair value back in a trade. What those guys should bring back in trades is worth a lot more than the difference between the #1 and #2 pick.

Danks and Dunn are 2 guys that, if claimed, I'd seriously consider letting go, but not to "tank", instead due to their salaries.

Really tanking also would of course involve doing stupid things like shutting down Sale, Quintana, and Santiago, because they're actually winning games for this team. Well maybe Chris isn't, but you get the idea. Doing something like that is actually criminally bad because "Stretching these guys out to 200+ innings" is really going to be hugely important to building a team that can survive september as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)
"Most of the veterans" should still have some value. Alexei Ramirez, Alex Rios ought to still have some value in trades. De Aza should have significant value. Those guys will get claimed on waivers and the Sox shouldn't move them unless they're getting a fair value back in a trade. What those guys should bring back in trades is worth a lot more than the difference between the #1 and #2 pick.

Danks and Dunn are 2 guys that, if claimed, I'd seriously consider letting go, but not to "tank", instead due to their salaries.

Really tanking also would of course involve doing stupid things like shutting down Sale, Quintana, and Santiago, because they're actually winning games for this team. Well maybe Chris isn't, but you get the idea. Doing something like that is actually criminally bad because "Stretching these guys out to 200+ innings" is really going to be hugely important to building a team that can survive september as well.

I believe in this draft, the difference between the number 1 and 2 could be great. Maybe I'm over rating him, but Rodon sounds filthy. I think he will be special. A quick to the mjaors player like Sale.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 11:21 PM)
I believe in this draft, the difference between the number 1 and 2 could be great. Maybe I'm over rating him, but Rodon sounds filthy. I think he will be special. A quick to the mjaors player like Sale.

Sale's rise was historic. I wouldn't count on anything similar.

I don't get this thread.

The Sox have tanked already, big time. If you are saying you want a 40 to 50-game losing streak, well, the commissioner might get involved at that point. I mean the nature of the game of baseball is you'll win every once in a while, even with a team as bad as the Sox. You can't just throw games or suspensions will be involved (Black Sox).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 10:18 PM)
I don't get this thread.

The Sox have tanked already, big time. If you are saying you want a 40 to 50-game losing streak, well, the commissioner might get involved at that point. I mean the nature of the game of baseball is you'll win every once in a while, even with a team as bad as the Sox. You can't just throw games or suspensions will be involved (Black Sox).

Only if the Astros weren't so damn bad!

Besides Rondon are they any prospects who are locks to be top 5 upcoming draft?