Leury Garcia called up

flavum

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
Garcia is an infielder? Oops, I thought he played OF.

For now he's a reasonable utility guy but he might well develop into a really solid defensive SS if he's given enough time there. I believe Hawk was saying he is also coming in with quite a long swing so he has a ways to go with the bats, but definitely should have some use to this franchise.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
For now he's a reasonable utility guy but he might well develop into a really solid defensive SS if he's given enough time there. I believe Hawk was saying he is also coming in with quite a long swing so he has a ways to go with the bats, but definitely should have some use to this franchise.

Yea he needs to tailor his swing to take advantage of his speed but I've heard he's been reluctant to listen to coaches about that, Bit of a stubborn streak. He is a switch hitter.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 09:02 PM)
That would be pretty neat. Don't think it's likely though.

Not a good idea in my opinion. If L Garcia is anything it might be as a utility player. Just don't see Alexei getting moved. But, I guess anything can happen whether it be now or off season

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Not a good idea in my opinion. If L Garcia is anything it might be as a utility player. Just don't see Alexei getting moved. But, I guess anything can happen whether it be now or off season

And then 5 years from now when Leury Garcia is putting up a .270/.330/.370 line and playing great defense and about to hit free agency, with Numali Martinez sitting in AAA, trading Leury Garcia will be a bad thing and Numali will only be a utility player too.

Change begets change. If the value were there, dealing Ramirez would not be a bad thing.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 01:23 PM)
He can play both. He's got good speed maybe faster than AviGar and a great arm and has played some CF.

Leury is much, much faster than Avi. Elite of the elite speed