9/8 Game Thread

fathom

It feels good to win one for a change. Rienzo bounced back real good from a couple of so-so outings. Dunn still can hit the ball. I think trying to replace 30 plus to 40 or so homers a year is going to be tough. I hope he stays. Now I will say this though about our closer situation. I have said it before also. I am not 100% convinced Addison Reed is truly closer material. I see him more in a set up role. I know he has 36 saves so I am not saying this to start some big tiff. Maybe with experience he improves but all I see is the tendency to allow runners on it catches up to him once in awhile. Would Nate Jones be a better closer and he and Addison switch roles?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
It feels good to win one for a change. Rienzo bounced back real good from a couple of so-so outings. Dunn still can hit the ball. I think trying to replace 30 plus to 40 or so homers a year is going to be tough. I hope he stays. Now I will say this though about our closer situation. I have said it before also. I am not 100% convinced Addison Reed is truly closer material. I see him more in a set up role. I know he has 36 saves so I am not saying this to start some big tiff. Maybe with experience he improves but all I see is the tendency to allow runners on it catches up to him once in awhile. Would Nate Jones be a better closer and he and Addison switch roles?

El Rockin, your position on closer surprises me. I think Reed is a very good closer and much better prospect than Nate. Only thing that's going to wreck Reed is what wrecks all closers not named Rivera. For some reason they bomb after 3-4-5 years. And I guess that will happen to Reed as well.

Whatever happened to Dunn's new philosophy of hitting the other way to get more hits? That's what I don't like about Dunn and a lot of hitters who say bulls*** they don't even mean. Dunn hit the other way for what? 3-5 games??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 05:54 PM)
El Rockin, your position on closer surprises me. I think Reed is a very good closer and much better prospect than Nate. Only thing that's going to wreck Reed is what wrecks all closers not named Rivera. For some reason they bomb after 3-4-5 years. And I guess that will happen to Reed as well.

Whatever happened to Dunn's new philosophy of hitting the other way to get more hits? That's what I don't like about Dunn and a lot of hitters who say bulls*** they don't even mean. Dunn hit the other way for what? 3-5 games??

3 months

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 03:45 AM)
3 months

Three months? I thought that story came out about a month ago after he got a few hits to left and then he went into that massive slump where he didn't do squat again. The shift was back on him in KC at the game I was at.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 11:27 PM)
Three months? I thought that story came out about a month ago after he got a few hits to left and then he went into that massive slump where he didn't do squat again. The shift was back on him in KC at the game I was at.

I've heard June 8th as the date when he started his new approach. Even with the current slump he's been in, his stats from June 8th to today are as follows. .273/.372/.500 slash with 18 hrs and 51 rbis. Even with your hatred of Dunn you can't argue against those numbers.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 9, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
I've heard June 8th as the date when he started his new approach. Even with the current slump he's been in, his stats from June 8th to today are as follows. .273/.372/.500 slash with 18 hrs and 51 rbis. Even with your hatred of Dunn you can't argue against those numbers.

This bum could have hit .300 if he stuck with his hitting away approach. What happened to that? Too bad his wife loves those Benjamins too much to let him retire. Worst I ever saw since Alex Rios.