Shooting at the Capitol

bmags

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
We're slowly becoming Somalia.

You mean without all the crime.

These stories make it sound like the US is an absolute war zone, but statistically, it's never been safer to live here.

So, first reports are a woman tried to run the gates at the white house, which then led to a high speed chase and possible shootout.

I'm wondering if woman actually was shooting or if shootout was just police fire (ala time square last year)

WASHINGTON (KABC) -- The U.S. Capitol has been placed on lockdown after shots were fired outside the building. A female suspect has been killed, a source told ABC News.

A source told ABC News that initial reports were that someone tried to ram the gate at the White House, and then fled to Capitol Hill. There was a short pursuit, and shots were fired. It's unclear if the suspect or officers fired the shots.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=...&id=9272756

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- The U.S. Capitol has been placed on lockdown after shots were fired outside the building. A female suspect has been killed, a source told ABC News.

A source told ABC News that initial reports were that someone tried to ram the gate at the White House, and then fled to Capitol Hill. There was a short pursuit, and shots were fired. It's unclear if the suspect or officers fired the shots.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=...&id=9272756

My initial impression is this might be a scenario where crazy person tried to run through to white house, then started a chase, and police were overzealous and started shooting, injuring civilians nearby.

Just my initial impression based off of that report.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
The Capitol building and the White House aren't exactly close. I'm wondering how shots were heard there if she rammed her car into barricades at the WH.

From what I understand it began with her ramming her vehicle to WH, then began a high speed chase and ended up near capital.

I don't know what's going on. Doesn't seem like a mass shooting though. Just a crazy person trying to get killed.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
Still haven't seen anything about woman being armed.

I haven't either, but watch that video above. She was trying to run over multiple police officers.

edit: or at least willing to run them over in an attempt to flee

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 10:29 PM)
I haven't either, but watch that video above. She was trying to run over multiple police officers.

edit: or at least willing to run them over in an attempt to flee

Right, just figure if it turns out some bystander was shot it's another case of "shootings" being reported where it's actually just police officers shooting in crowded areas.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 03:59 PM)
Just wait until the media is able to tie her to one political party or the other.

The New York Times @nytimes

Fiscal Crisis: Reports of Shooter Outside Capitol http://nyti.ms/173yku3

1:48 PM - 3 Oct 2013

Already happened, my friend. They were able to just read her mind and know what caused it.