Shooting at the Capitol

bmags

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
Right, just figure if it turns out some bystander was shot it's another case of "shootings" being reported where it's actually just police officers shooting in crowded areas.

I haven't heard of anyone else being shot, just the driver. And a police officer was injured when she drove into him.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
The New York Times @nytimes

Fiscal Crisis: Reports of Shooter Outside Capitol http://nyti.ms/173yku3

1:48 PM - 3 Oct 2013

Already happened, my friend. They were able to just read her mind and know what caused it.

Same question I asked bmags... what are you talking about?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
Recently in New York, police shot and killed an unarmed person and wounded two bystanders. Something similar happened either early this year or last year.

Trying to figure out what that has to do with "actually just police officers shooting in crowded areas." Weird logical leap there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)
Same question I asked bmags... what are you talking about?

That's the twitter from the NYT, trying to link the shooting to the shutdown. They didn't come out and say republicans, but we all know that every headline and story they have blames Republicans, so what better way to connect the two.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
Trying to figure out what that has to do with "actually just police officers shooting in crowded areas." Weird logical leap there.

Initial reports seemed to indicate that there was a shooter at the Capitol building, but it turns out only the police were armed.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
That's the twitter from the NYT, trying to link the shooting to the shutdown. They didn't come out and say republicans, but we all know that every headline and story they have blames Republicans, so what better way to connect the two.

um... OK. The article you linked said nothing of the sort. Maybe the Twitter account says it could be related?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
Initial reports seemed to indicate that there was a shooter at the Capitol building, but it turns out only the police were armed.

It is still a shooting either way. And when they call an Active Shooter situation, they may sometimes not be armed - it is done to arrange for a certain type of response. Just seems weird to say "it may not be a shooting, it is just a shooting".

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
Recently in New York, police shot and killed an unarmed person and wounded two bystanders. Something similar happened either early this year or last year.

Thanks, this is what I was referring to.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)

This is why we need more armed citizens

NBC Chicago

Options for this story

Investigators have found indications that the Connecticut woman shot to death by police after leading authorities on a high-speed chase from the White House to the Capitol thought President Barack Obama was stalking her, law enforcement sources told NBC News.

MORE: http://bit.ly/159jRQO

QUOTE (MEANS @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
I just can't understand why the police couldn't stop her without resorting to shooting her...tire spikes/shoot the tires out...etc. They are lucky the kid wasn't killed as well.

It's sad. I hope those who fired on her have long lives ahead of them yet, with this eating away at them for the duration.

I just can't understand why the police couldn't stop her without resorting to shooting her...tire spikes/shoot the tires out...etc. They are lucky the kid wasn't killed as well.

She had already run over two law enforcement officers. How many does she have to run over before it's OK to shoot her?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
She had already run over two law enforcement officers. How many does she have to run over before it's OK to shoot her?

Yea...seriously.

To the person that asked this question, become a police officer, then talk your calm game.

If that's me, and a crazy f*** is ramming into gates, hitting people, and whatever else isn't being reported, and it's between him/her and me seeing my family again, f*** that, I'm shooting.

I'm not even a police officer, and I'm getting real sick and tired of people armchair quarterbacking legit police decisions.

Why couldn't have they have done, X, Y and Z...maybe it's because the people they deal with, are dealt with so YOU never have too deal with them.

Sure, there are stories about police using excessive force, and unnecessary force, but those stories garner readers...the other 100,000 stores you never read, because they were never written, the force WAS necessary, and legitimate.

This is the problem with modern media. They have most of you believing the US is an all out war zone...when it's safer now than it's E V E R been.

TL;DR: Yea, it's the trigger happy police officers fault...not the crazy b**** that was convinced Obama was her stalker, who set off red alerts at the white house/capital building. Nope, not her fault.

Edited by Y2HH

I'm sensitive to the fact they thought she may have had a car bomb since she was trying to drive up to two different landmarks.

I'm not sensitive to the fact that because police are in a life threatening job they are allowed to be bad at their jobs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 12:12 PM)
I'm sensitive to the fact they thought she may have had a car bomb since she was trying to drive up to two different landmarks.

I'm not sensitive to the fact that because police are in a life threatening job they are allowed to be bad at their jobs.

And in this situation, you're NONSENSETIVE because they WEREN'T bad at their jobs.

Do not cross go, go directly to bad.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (MEANS @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)

I'd say she's lucky that the kid wasn't killed as well, not the police. She was the one who put the kid in harm's way. She was the one acting crazy and trying to kill people with her car with a child passenger. Why doesn't she get the blame instead of the police officers who are trying to save numerous lives?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
I'd say she's lucky that the kid wasn't killed as well, not the police. She was the one who put the kid in harm's way. She was the one acting crazy and trying to kill people with her car with a child passenger. Why doesn't she get the blame instead of the police officers who are trying to save numerous lives?

If she had a gun, there would be plenty of blame, I'm sure.

But she was only armed with a 1+ton weapon, instead...so this is obviously the fault of the 5-OH, b****!