Elephant in the room

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2014 -> 12:30 AM)
When are we gonna call Adam Dunn an elephant in the room. He's good for five home runs and 12 ribbies right now. Oooh. Such power. Such production. NOT.

He has been the elephant in the room since 2011, not much point commenting upon him until we see how he's doing in June/July/August.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2014 -> 01:30 AM)
When are we gonna call Adam Dunn an elephant in the room. He's good for five home runs and 12 ribbies right now. Oooh. Such power. Such production. NOT.

I think some people just had a stroke and died.

I guess you don't understand what elephant in the room means given that Dunn is brought up in every single PHT thread. Unless you are referring to Dunn as an elephant due to his very large stature.

Well Dunn's .823 ops is 3rd highest on the team behind Abreu and Ramirez.

I think it is more of an indication that they are bringing Keppinger back up, as much as I hate it. I just dont think the Sox will eat this season and next seasons salary for Keppinger

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
I think it is more of an indication that they are bringing Keppinger back up, as much as I hate it. I just dont think the Sox will eat this season and next seasons salary for Keppinger

I can't figure out how that makes sense either because if either Leury or Semien are sent down to make room then that makes Charlotte an even bigger mess. Davidson to AA?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2014 -> 08:09 AM)
I can't figure out how that makes sense either because if either Leury or Semien are sent down to make room then that makes Charlotte an even bigger mess. Davidson to AA?

at least Leury can (theoretically) play outfield. Semien really complicates things at AAA

Mods/admins, please change thread title to:

"Keppinger DFA"

From the Sox FB page:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, May 14, 2014

CHICAGO – Prior to today’s game at Oakland, the Chicago White Sox returned infielder Jeff Keppinger from his injury rehabilitation assignment with Class AA Birmingham, reinstated him from the 15-day disabled list and designated him for assignment.

Keppinger, 34, has been on the disabled list since March 30 (retroactive to March 21) while continuing his recovery from right shoulder surgery performed on September 26, 2013. He played in 11 games with Birmingham on his rehab assignment.

Keppinger batted .253 (107-423) with four home runs and 40 RBI over 117 games in 2013, his first season with the White Sox after signing as a free agent on December 10, 2012.

The White Sox 40-man roster is at 39.

Edited by HickoryHuskers