2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
Just a note for those that don't see any problem with bulls medical staff, Deng after the season ended made a point to talk about how much healthier and better treated he was at Miami.

yawn

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
Just a note for those that don't see any problem with bulls medical staff, Deng after the season ended made a point to talk about how much healthier and better treated he was at Miami.

Hasn't the Bulls staff changed since Loul damn near died?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 09:48 AM)
Hasn't the Bulls staff changed since Loul damn near died?

Jen Swanson is here, does that mean the Bulls staff has shown to be especially better at keeping players healthy?

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
Jen Swanson is here, does that mean the Bulls staff has shown to be especially better at keeping players healthy?

I don't know how DRose's knees, Noah's knee, Taj Gibson's ankles are on the Bulls medical staff. They just have a roster of guys who constantly get hurt. As I have stated before, it would be a miracle if they could get through one round of the playoffs without losing someone.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
it has changed a lot.

They swapped out one person, who may also be terrible. Until we can get through a season with greater than 30 games with our starters I will not be championing our incredible staff.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
I don't know how DRose's knees, Noah's knee, Taj Gibson's ankles are on the Bulls medical staff. They just have a roster of guys who constantly get hurt. As I have stated before, it would be a miracle if they could get through one round of the playoffs without losing someone.

LOL and Butler and MDJ and Mcdermott and Hinrich.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
LOL and Butler and MDJ and Mcdermott and Hinrich.

Butler hurt his thumb early having a ball go off it. He hurt his shoulder running into a pick. Dunleavy screwed up his ankle playing. McDermott had a meniscus problem. Hinrich is old. These are things a medical staff has no control over unless they put a 0 minutes restriction on them. (McBuckets has that now, so he is fairly healthy)

If the Bulls want to be healthy, they need to change the roster.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
Yes, it's so weird, Bulls just have such bad luck year after year. Wellp, nothing we can do.

It's not bad luck. You know it's coming. It's like Ken Griffey Jr. in Cincinatti. You knew he would get hurt every year, it was just a question of when.

The medical staff has made some bad decisions previously, but I don't see how you can pin any of the injuries this year on them.

It would be like Adam Eaton taking a fastball off his wrist, fracturing it, and putting it on Herm Schneider.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
Yes, it's so weird, Bulls just have such bad luck year after year. Wellp, nothing we can do.

And obviously every other team remains completely healthy. Does Bosh hate the Heat staff that Deng loves, because he got blood clots in his lungs? OMG fire everyone in the Thunder medical staff because Russ and Durant keep alternating getting hurt and they didnt make the playoffs.

The bulls changed everything this season to keep the team healthy. Minutes, personnel, players. Its a tough game, its a grind, people get hurt.

Get over it, you act like this staff is a bunch of ex horse trainers shooting up players with horse painkillers and pushing them out on the court

Would the bulls staff have caught the blood clots in the lungs?

Clearly other players view the bulls trainers this way, and shooting taj up with a cortisone shot at halftime doesn't help your view of this awesome staff. The fact that they were so active in trying to help the health of a team and did a terrible job does not help your point, it hurts it. They are not good at their jobs. If they were, the starters would not have only started 16 games together.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
Would the bulls staff have caught the blood clots in the lungs?

Clearly other players view the bulls trainers this way, and shooting taj up with a cortisone shot at halftime doesn't help your view of this awesome staff. The fact that they were so active in trying to help the health of a team and did a terrible job does not help your point, it hurts it. They are not good at their jobs. If they were, the starters would not have only started 16 games together.

So tell me which bulls injury that they could have caught prior to and prevented?

and I dont think they are awesome, they clearly have messed up a few major injuries(which all fell under Tedeschi)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
It's not bad luck. You know it's coming. It's like Ken Griffey Jr. in Cincinatti. You knew he would get hurt every year, it was just a question of when.

The medical staff has made some bad decisions previously, but I don't see how you can pin any of the injuries this year on them.

It would be like Adam Eaton taking a fastball off his wrist, fracturing it, and putting it on Herm Schneider.

No it wouldn't. It would be like an entire team getting injured year after year, and blaming it on Herm Schneider.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 11:57 AM)
So tell me which bulls injury that they could have caught prior to and prevented?

and I dont think they are awesome, they clearly have messed up a few major injuries(which all fell under Tedeschi)

Taj's shoulder, Taj's reoccuring ankles, Noah's mysterious minor surgery that affected his entire 2015 season, McDermotts back, Rose's hamstring, the seemingly every day injury to Hinrich, Butlers lingering foot and thumb injuries, the players that continue to go out to play after clearly having a play that caused the injury.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
Taj's shoulder, Taj's reoccuring ankles, Noah's mysterious minor surgery that affected his entire 2015 season, McDermotts back, Rose's hamstring, the seemingly every day injury to Hinrich, Butlers lingering foot and thumb injuries, the players that continue to go out to play after clearly having a play that caused the injury.

You lay all of these things on the training staff. lmao. Taj sat out for what, 3 months? Noah waited by his own choice to get the surgery, because he wanted to play in the FIBA games. McDermotts back? Didnt he have a knee scoped.

But thats alright, apparently each player who has any sort of injury should sit indefinitely until the injury is 100 percent. Got it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
There are good training staffs, and there are not good. The Bulls would fall into the not good bucket. Anyone who wants to deny training staffs can matter need look no further than the Phoenix Suns.

Trade the current Bulls roster to any team in the NBA and their training staff and they still will have trouble ever fielding a full healthy roster.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
You lay all of these things on the training staff. lmao. Taj sat out for what, 3 months? Noah waited by his own choice to get the surgery, because he wanted to play in the FIBA games. McDermotts back? Didnt he have a knee scoped.

But thats alright, apparently each player who has any sort of injury should sit indefinitely until the injury is 100 percent. Got it.

I don't think you can blame the medical staff for Taj stepping on someone's foot and rolling an ankle or Jimmy taking a nasty hit to the shoulder. HOWEVA, better training methods, work out routines, nutrition plans, etc. would make these players less prone to nagging injuries and/or they'd heal up faster. If you don't believe that, then there's really no need for the Bulls to have a medical/training staff.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
It's just impossible to know how these players would have fared on different teams, especially when we have witnessed basically none of the medical care they've received.

I'm just saying the injuries don't appear to be related to poor training. They have a roster of guys who always seem to get injured. Weirdly, Boozer was a guy who usually missed a lot of games, but was relatively healthy during his time with the Bulls.

Obviously clearing someone to play with a broken leg is bad, but it has nothing to do with the rash of injuries that occurs every year with this team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
Trade the current Bulls roster to any team in the NBA and their training staff and they still will have trouble ever fielding a full healthy roster.

Tell that to grant hill.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 09:36 PM)
"the main injury worries have been the players that have been on the bulls for their whole careers and must just be injury prone!"

Pau wasn't constantly injured. Mirotic played every game, so did Brooks. Except for McBuckets the back of the bench guys weren't constantly down. It the same guys every year, even with minutes restrictions.