Bought a House

Texsox

We're moving to San Antonio and spent the past couple weekends looking at homes. We fell in love with a slightly smaller 3/2.5 that had an amazing city lot. We will be in a gated area on a cul de sac. The lot is pie shaped with the house pushed way to the front leaving almost no front yard but a very large back yard. The original owners had planted an awesome garden. As I was walking through the garden I saw an engraved stone that read Willie and Bills Garden (the missing apostrophe was annoying). It went on the market Saturday and at 2:00 pm we were the sixth showing. We went back Sunday and by then close to twenty people had toured the home. We were told they would be taking offers until 5 pm Monday. My wife is very practical and wasn't going to get in a bidding war. We offered close to the asking price which was in line with the comps for the area. We did make one demand of the seller; we asked for a history of the garden, planting guide, and any other information that would be important to maintaining the garden. That got us the house over the high bidder. :P Their Realtor mentioned to our Realtor that when they were reviewing the offers our request and interest in the garden moved us to the top even though another person offered more money. Another factor in the decision while so many people were viewing the house, Bill passed away. They were an older couple and they were only moving because Bill was dying. My wife loves to garden and I love stories, so this house works great for us.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
You're gonna miss the ocean more than anything. A dirty river is a poor substitute.

The gain is being much closer to Big Bend National Park. But, yes, the surfing really sucks on the river lol