Yes or No, Danks for Santiago straight-up

Do you do Danks for Santiago straight up?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. ????

• Yes
    • No
    • Mind blown can't decide

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 09:42 PM)
Some guys on this site want Jerry to have a payroll of about 10 million. Heck no to this trade. The commissioner should veto such a deal. Danks has actually become good again.

Why?

The Blue Jays/Marlins trade passed scrutiny, where they gave up Josh Johnson/Reyes/Buehrle.

Or the Red Sox dumping Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Josh Beckett, to name another.

The money involved here isn't close to that.

If you were a Padres' fan in 2009, you would have said the commissioner should have blocked the Jake Peavy deal, yes?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 03:45 AM)
Why?

The Blue Jays/Marlins trade passed scrutiny, where they gave up Josh Johnson/Reyes/Buehrle.

Or the Red Sox dumping Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Josh Beckett, to name another.

The money involved here isn't close to that.

If you were a Padres' fan in 2009, you would have said the commissioner should have blocked the Jake Peavy deal, yes?

Cause Danks is light-years better than Santiago and this would be a travesty IMO.

Interesting question.

I say no, because:

1. The Sox really don't NEED to dump any salary, and

2. Santiago was a ticking time bomb with his peripherals when he was with us, leading me to believe that we got lucky and sold high rather than we have magic coaching that makes him okay. The stuff that happened to him in Anaheim was stuff that SHOULD have happened based on DIPS.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 05:56 AM)
MLB doesn't allow 2 Hectors on one pitching staff so no.

And according to rule 162.51B, if there "were at any time two Hectors on one team, the aforementioned team must keep the Hector whose last name comes first alphabetically." So there you go. Noesi > Santiago.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 09:14 PM)
Carroll is a nice long man, he can handle it.

Hector being demoted has kept his IP total down, we'd be able to get 5-6IP/game out of him for the rest of the year easy. Maybe he doesn't work much deeper than that, but that's what Coop is for!

Also our team is garbage, there's holes all over this thing. I don't mind opening them wherever so long as there is at least a little bit of youth and upside to plug in there. KW & Hahn should like Hector still, he is a grinder on the mound with a football mentality.

I wasn't referring to this year. I am talking about 2015 & 2016. Danks is a proven starter, Santiago is not. I don't want to go in to 2015 with Carroll in the rotation.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 16, 2014 -> 10:30 PM)
You don't get to post pictures of hairy boobs and then tell me I can't say Hot Garbage.

NO!!!

Don't say it anymore!!

Also what's wrong with hairy boobs?

If you want to use that godawful term then at least disguise as something else. Maybe sMeLlYtRaSh or dUmPsTeRgArBaGe or something like that which could become a really cool nickname we could all get behind. Just follow the tried and true formula of coming up with a cool word for garbage and then a second word that describes characteristics or conditions of garbage (which are already implied and unnecessary) and the combine the two into one word, second word coming first, with the capitalization alternating to take it from "cool" to "super cool awesome."

Maybe uNwAnTeDrEfUsE?

Just try a lil harder KyYlE, that's all I'm saying.