Chicago and Seattle Tonight

elrockinMT

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But we need starting pitching, too... Sale and Quintana can't alternate and start every game

This indeed is a problem. But right now the bullpen is giving up an unimaginable amount of runs. Even if a bad starter gives up 5 in 5 innings and the Sox offense matches it's a foregone conclusion that the opponent is going to hit double digits runs. It's impossible to win anything with a pen this bad. You can at least try to make up for a couple bad starters.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 05:58 AM)
This indeed is a problem. But right now the bullpen is giving up an unimaginable amount of runs. Even if a bad starter gives up 5 in 5 innings and the Sox offense matches it's a foregone conclusion that the opponent is going to hit double digits runs. It's impossible to win anything with a pen this bad. You can at least try to make up for a couple bad starters.

Then they should claim someone off of waivers. To me, Rodon's development as a starter is a million times more important than possibly winning a meaningless game in September.

Then they should claim someone off of waivers. To me, Rodon's development as a starter is a million times more important than possibly winning a meaningless game in September.

I'm talking about next year. You do know that absolutely none of the guys we have in the pen now should be around next year? That we need an entirely new group? Even Petricka is kinda garbage (he just looks nice because he's surrounded by a dumpster).

Also, there is a precedent on the roster right now for starting a big league career in the pen. I don't really like it either to be honest, I'd rather see Rodon start off the bat. But! I'd also like to win in 2015 and I think with a decent pen they can. That's more important than being accomodating to Rodon.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 05:07 AM)
I'm talking about next year. You do know that absolutely none of the guys we have in the pen now should be around next year? That we need an entirely new group? Even Petricka is kinda garbage (he just looks nice because he's surrounded by a dumpster).

Also, there is a precedent on the roster right now for starting a big league career in the pen. I don't really like it either to be honest, I'd rather see Rodon start off the bat. But! I'd also like to win in 2015 and I think with a decent pen they can. That's more important than being accomodating to Rodon.

I'll take Putnam and Petricka back next year, and Webb should be in AAA to start the season. Competing in 2015 is a long shot in my opinion, and I hope Hahn doesn't try to fix every hole in one offseason.