Arizona Fall League Rosters discussion

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 1, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
The intention walk is up there with the extra point in football. They are 99.99 percent automatic. Is that 0.01% worth it? Who knows.

The things I don't like on that list are the ones dealing with the pitcher talking to the catcher and vice versa. I think you can achieve most of what needs to be achieved by keeping batters in the box, and pitchers getting the ball and throwing it.

I was thinking that rule applied to coaches, didn't realize it applied to catchers. I think that is a bad rule because the communication becomes so key. I guess from another perspective, by limiting it, you really bring additional strategy into the game (kind of like with other leagues and the concept of a "timeout").

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 1, 2014 -> 05:37 PM)
I have a sentimental attachment to the intentional walk simply because you have to make the guy throw intentional balls. Craziness usually does not ensue, but can on occasion and that's the fun part of the game. Otherwise, I love everything else.

Yeah I like all of those except the intentional walk as well. I think they should have to throw the pitches. I've seen players swing at a ball too close, pitches sail over the catcher and runners attempt to steal a bag. It's still an at bat, make the pitchers throw the ball.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 07:01 AM)
Instructs, where'd you get this from?

Bill Mitchell @billazbbphotog · 14h 13 hours ago

Micker Adolfo just hit a foul ball that traveled well over 400 feet. #plusrawpower #whitesox

FutureSox.com @FutureSox · 13h 13 hours ago

Plate discipline: @jnorris427: Also, #Whitesox Micker Adolfo is 1-1 on the day with a double. He just worked a walk after being down 0-2.

Bill Mitchell @billazbbphotog · 13h 13 hours ago

This time it was fair! Micker Adolfo with a HR to LF. Not as long as the one that went foul, but this one counted. #whitesox