And that a Tyler Flowers walkoff White Sox Winner!!!

chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
I thought we were going to be more like the Yankees after we won it all in 05. I was hoping we'd always re-stock with GOOD free agents. This other way isn't going to get the Sox back into the postseason anytime soon.

They improved the team on paper in 2006. Dynasties don't exist anymore. A WS victory seems to happen when a bunch of guys have career years.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 11:59 PM)
I thought we were going to be more like the Yankees after we won it all in 05. I was hoping we'd always re-stock with GOOD free agents. This other way isn't going to get the Sox back into the postseason anytime soon.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:29 AM)
If it was that easy to always re-stock with good free agents, the Yankees wouldn't be missing the playoffs again and wouldn't be on 5 years without a WS appearance. Especially since the market dictates that you must sign them to long term-deals, through their down years.

Yeah I think the Yankees are a very good demonstration of the flaws in the Yankee way. Now, that isn't to say it is without its positives, but damn is that an unexciting team right now. Much like the Tigers will feel totally justified if they get a WS win out of their spending sprees, we would feel the same. It's the aftermath (and risk that there is no ultimate payoff) that sucks.

Edited by Jake