Three YEPS and three NOPES

Eminor3rd

Que?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite hat?

• Lyle Mouton

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 07:02 AM)
That's pretty much EXACTLY what I suggested in my post, except adding Viciedo, lol.

Now we're just arguing semantics. You said Chris Beck, one or two fliers, & Tank for good measure. Beck isn't a top 10 prospect, and I wouldn't consider the fliers to be top 15 guys when Beck barely makes the cut.

When I say three guys in the 6 to 15 range I'm talking Montas or Danish as the headliner, with two other guys like Sanchez & Ravelo (or even Beck) included. That's a significantly better package than what you proposed.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 06:23 AM)
Now we're just arguing semantics. You said Chris Beck, one or two fliers, & Tank for good measure. Beck isn't a top 10 prospect, and I wouldn't consider the fliers to be top 15 guys when Beck barely makes the cut.

When I say three guys in the 6 to 15 range I'm talking Montas or Danish as the headliner, with two other guys like Sanchez & Ravelo (or even Beck) included. That's a significantly better package than what you proposed.

I would argue that we've been arguing semantics since you began arguing :P

What I actually said was "a mid-top ten guy" and then suggested in parentheses that it might be Chris Beck. The important part of the sentence wasn't Chris Beck, it was Mid-top ten guy. Many people consider Beck to be around the middle of the top ten in our prospects lists. It's okay if you don't -- to be honest I'm not that high on him either -- but then you can insert a different name in there instead.

Even assuming Beck = someone like Montas or Danish, what I proposed might be a little low, certainly. Hence the rest of the post detailing that the offer might be way off. Either way, I think your indication that my post was completely bonkers isn't exactly being fair to all of the words and sentences it contained other than "Chris Beck."