2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys seem so surprised. Henry led the country in rushing attempts, yards, and touchdowns playing for the #2 team in the country and was the workhorse as the season ended. And it says Alabama next to his name. That's as cut and dry as a Heisman Trophy pick you will ever see. It has nothing to do with talent.

As the dual threat QB for the only undefeated team in the country, Watson should have garnered more votes but he plays for Clemson.

You guys seem so surprised. Henry led the country in rushing attempts, yards, and touchdowns playing for the #2 team in the country and was the workhorse as the season ended. And it says Alabama next to his name. That's as cut and dry as a Heisman Trophy pick you will ever see. It has nothing to do with talent.

As the dual threat QB for the only undefeated team in the country, Watson should have garnered more votes but he plays for Clemson.

Not surprised that he won, but he was nowhere near the best player in the country. I'd have voted McCaffrey first and Reynolds second.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)

Not surprised, just disappointed. Bama's two Heisman winners are very underwhelming.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
Not surprised that he won, but he was nowhere near the best player in the country. I'd have voted McCaffrey first and Reynolds second.

I agree about McCaffrey, I would have voted him #1. Reynolds wasn't even the best player in his own conference. Greg Ward Jr. had similar rushing stats, plus twice the passing numbers.

My espn.com Bowl confidence picks

42 Virginia Tech

41 Arkansas

40 California

39 Bowling Green

38 Arizona

37 Appalachian State

36 Washington

35 Louisiana State

34 Boise State

33 Georgia

32 Mississippi State

31 Western Michigan

30 Marshall

29 Western Kentucky

28 Utah State

27 Minnesota

26 West Virginia

25 Stanford

24 Mississippi

23 Navy

22 North Carolina A&T

21 Memphis

20 Colorado State

19 Michigan

18 Southern Cal

17 San Diego State

16 Arkansas State

15 San Jose State

14 Washington State

13 Temple

12 Louisville

11 Indiana

10 North Carolina

9 Notre Dame

8 Oregon

7 Brigham Young

6 Houston

5 Northwestern

4 Nebraska

3 Clemson

2 Michigan State

1 Cotton Bowl Winner

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)
Enjoy AJ Ricker back, he was truly awful at Missouri.

He was one of Illinois' best coaches when he was with the team... whether that says more about the quality of the coaching staff or that he works well with Cubit is up for debate.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 06:07 PM)
This is legitimately the worst defensive performance I've ever seen by a decent football team.

I was gonna say itis one of the most dominant offensive line performances I have ever seen.

I picked UNC for 34 in my bowl pool after hearing about the Baylor offensive injuries and their last game, oops.

This is legitimately the dumbest game plan in the history of football. Baylor running on every single play and UNC is still playing two deep safeties and not attacking the line of scrimmage. Why the f*** are you worried about big plays when Baylor is gashing you for 9 yards a carry.