2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
Stanford, OSU and a 100% healthy ND all would have made for more compelling tv in the Final Four.

How the hell did NW beat Stanford?

McCaffrey already has 140 yards in about six minutes. Getting his Heisman denied moment in the sun.

Is he related to Ed?

Think they said he's Ed's son.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian O'Connor

@Ian_OConnor

I'll say this much -- comparing Christian McCaffrey to Reggie Bush isn't as bad as Dan Quayle comparing himself to JFK.

He's a much more dangerous Tim Dwight minus the steroids...name from back in the day.

Well, at least there's no heartbreak in this one.

I'll be somewhat pacified if the bb team were to win at W.Lafayette, but's that's not likely either.

The 2002 and 2008 Iowa teams were much better...as well as the Drew Tate led team in 2005 that beat LSU in the bowl and the one that whipped Florida.

Lots of heart but lacking in talent other than OL, Desmond King, rb.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
Ian O'Connor

@Ian_OConnor

I'll say this much -- comparing Christian McCaffrey to Reggie Bush isn't as bad as Dan Quayle comparing himself to JFK.

He's a much more dangerous Tim Dwight minus the steroids...name from back in the day.

I'll be somewhat pacified if the bb team were to win at W.Lafayette, but's that's not likely either.

The 2002 and 2008 Iowa teams were much better...as well as the Drew Tate led team in 2005 that beat LSU in the bowl and the one that whipped Florida.

Dude, Iowa is in the freaking Rose Bowl, enjoy the day.

I remember the 2008 Rose Bowl, Illinois was getting crushed, we were still partying in the stands in the second half, score be damned. Top 5 sports experience ever, who cares about the result in the long run, just look at that sunset.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
Ian O'Connor

@Ian_OConnor

McCaffrey reminds me of Brian Westbrook. That's the comp.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
Just brutal bowl season capped by Iowa getting embarrassed

Jon Miller has a good podcast about the positives of the season at hawkeyenation.

With King and a Rose bowl win, they were top 4-6 in preseason. First time in six years that expectations before a season are so high.

Now they will be 15-23 next year probably. MSU got exposed as well as NW.

OSU...how the hell did they lose to MSU? The question of the year in the Big Ten.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 08:02 PM)
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/1/10699822/...-rose-bowl-iowa

Stanford band continues to piss people off...but probably no worse than Hollywood making jokes about flyover territory or movies like "Cedar Rapids."

And at least Field of Dreams was great for attracting tourism dollars while it lasted.

I laughed my ass off through the whole story (and the 2013 and 2014 versions). ANF on Iowa's helmets had me rolling. If anyone can't laugh at this, even when your school is involved, I feel sorry for that person living such a terrible life.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 2, 2016 -> 01:22 AM)
I laughed my ass off through the whole story (and the 2013 and 2014 versions). ANF on Iowa's helmets had me rolling. If anyone can't laugh at this, even when your school is involved, I feel sorry for that person living such a terrible life.

You clearly don't understand college marching band. That's not funny. Across the B1G, bands play the other teams' fight songs out of respect. The band is a source of honor for every university in the B1G. It's a real shame that disgrace of a program felt the need to openly mock their opponents, something I have never seen a band do in my 15 years involved in music.

And of all places, at the Rose Bowl. Marching bands have been attached to the Rose Bowl longer than football has. Any kid in a Pac 12 or Big Ten band would kill to be in that parade and play at that game.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 2, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)
You clearly don't understand college marching band. That's not funny. Across the B1G, bands play the other teams' fight songs out of respect. The band is a source of honor for every university in the B1G. It's a real shame that disgrace of a program felt the need to openly mock their opponents, something I have never seen a band do in my 15 years involved in music.

And of all places, at the Rose Bowl. Marching bands have been attached to the Rose Bowl longer than football has. Any kid in a Pac 12 or Big Ten band would kill to be in that parade and play at that game.

haaaaaaaa

The best part is Iowa fans taking offense when many refer to Iowa State as Moo U.