2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 07:30 AM)
There goes any chance of an 11-1 ND team having a strong enough schedule to make the playoff (still don't think ND goes 11-1 though).

I stil think there are going to be a ton of 2 loss teams going for those slots.

I stil think there are going to be a ton of 2 loss teams going for those slots.

Maybe, but Texas sucks and GT and USC already have 2 losses. Only hope for ND to get a signature win is for Stanford to run the table up until they meet. A 2 loss SEC team probably gets a spot over a 1 loss ND team and I don't even think I could argue with that.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)
Maybe, but Texas sucks and GT and USC already have 2 losses. Only hope for ND to get a signature win is for Stanford to run the table up until they meet. A 2 loss SEC team probably gets a spot over a 1 loss ND team and I don't even think I could argue with that.

Thats definite I am sure. The SEC championship game is billed like its the super bowl. A 2 loss SEC champion gets in over pretty much anything.

This year's final four is totally up in the air. There are probably 4 SEC teams that I could see making it, the winner of TCU/Baylor is a lock unless they both blow a game in the mean time, the OSU/MSU winner will get in unless they both lose to Michigan who then has a case, Utah may go undefeated, Clemson only has FSU left on their schedule and ND may very well be sitting there with just 1 loss. This is a crazy competitive year in college football with no team or teams running away with anything.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
If I had to rank teams right now:

1 Utah

2 Florida

3 Ohio State

4 Oklahoma

5 Clemson

6 LSU

7 Texas A&M

8 Michigan State

9 Baylor

10 Northwestern

I dont think its going to stay remotely like this.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
If I had to rank teams right now:

1 Utah

2 Florida

3 Ohio State

4 Oklahoma

5 Clemson

6 LSU

7 Texas A&M

8 Michigan State

9 Baylor

10 Northwestern

I don't understand the Florida love right now. Sure, they put a stomping on Ole Miss, but the only reason Ole Miss was ranked that high was because Bama handed them a win with something like 5 turnovers.

They beat Tennessee by 1, Kentucky by 5, and East Carolina by 7.

If they still look good at the end of October then I'll be impressed, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go 1-2 in the next 3 games.

I don't understand the Florida love right now. Sure, they put a stomping on Ole Miss, but the only reason Ole Miss was ranked that high was because Bama handed them a win with something like 5 turnovers.

They beat Tennessee by 1, Kentucky by 5, and East Carolina by 7.

If they still look good at the end of October then I'll be impressed, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go 1-2 in the next 3 games.

Right now, Utah and Florida have the most impressive wins. I'm not saying I think they'll stay up there or even that they're one of the four best teams, but based on body of work they deserve it as of right now.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
Right now, Utah and Florida have the most impressive wins. I'm not saying I think they'll stay up there or even that they're one of the four best teams, but based on body of work they deserve it as of right now.

No team has really looked all that dominant so far or has really made it obvious that they're definitely one of the best five teams in the country (maybe Utah, but they also struggled a bit against Utah State).

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)

Well then it's power rankings not the meaningless poll rankings that we are subject to.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
I'm not. They've been uninspired since the VT game.

I actually mean this season as a whole. This is the third time already they've been challenged by a bad football team.

I keep expecting their talent to take over but it just isn't happening for whatever reason. I still expect the light to go on at some point (probably against Illinois lol) but they are playing with fire right now.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

While this team is much better coached without Beckman it is those types of calls that are the reason I just can't get on board with Cubit past this season. I love being aggressive but having your WR throw it on 3rd and 1 when you are moving the ball with ease on a drive is just so dumb.