2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
Gotta love Twitter. Start a rumor and watch it spread. Get enough people tweeting it and then you get peoe like Cowherd mentioning it.

It really is ridiculous. The EDSBS reader comment about how Kiffin tried to hit on their friend under the psuedonym Joey Freshwater was worth it, though.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 10:58 PM)
62-13 Utah. At Oregon. Holy s***.

Good news for Michigan. Not so good news for Michigan State.

Michigan State has not looked like the #2 team. Definitely caught a break with Oregon transitioning.

I don't think Michigan will beat them but I'm starting to tilt to the side that they may have a shot.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
I haven't seen a truly dominant team yet. I think any of these teams could end up in the playoff:

Ohio St, Michigan St, Mississippi, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Clemson, Utah, UCLA, USC, Baylor, Oklahoma, Notre Dame.

I don't think they're that good, but if FSU beats Clemson at home, their toughest remaining game is at Florida. Can't see an undefeated ACC team being left out.

So I know this is kind of crazy but I'm pretty optimistic for the game vs Nebraska. I have a feeling (not a lot of logic behind it) that Cubit has been keeping the offense fairly simple to start the year and will open it up to take advantage of Nebby's terrible pass defense. I think we pull this game off somehow, and Nebraska fans go into full panic mode.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
I haven't seen a truly dominant team yet. I think any of these teams could end up in the playoff:

Ohio St, Michigan St, Mississippi, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Clemson, Utah, UCLA, USC, Baylor, Oklahoma, Notre Dame.

If Michigan finds a way to win out, they'll make the playoff. That Utah game quickly turned into one of the most "forgivable" losses.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 07:10 AM)
Bet the under on any game being played in the Carolinas.

I disagree. Sloppy field conditions lead to bad tackling, more fumbles, which can lead to more fluky big touchdown plays. I see where you are coming from, but I don't think it makes the under a lock just because they can't pass the ball much.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 08:17 AM)
That's gonna be a really tough game for them. Death Valley is a very difficult place to play, especially in primetime

Without all the injuries I would say ND would have boatraced them, now it could be a nice entertaining game.

Without all the injuries I would say ND would have boatraced them, now it could be a nice entertaining game.

ND is in good shape against run-first offenses, but their secondary is weak. USC is by far the worst matchup on ND's schedule.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 1, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
ND is in good shape against run-first offenses, but their secondary is weak. USC is by far the worst matchup on ND's schedule.

The super athletic OLB helps negate a large part of the spread offense's ability to run and pass outside and ND happens to have one of the best in the country. I suspect that he will have a big game against Clemson.