2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
It's last year's team with different strengths on defense. I haven't decided if that's good or not yet. Defense still looks great (the early turnovers seemed to mask that), but the offense is still a mess. O-line looks worse and we have no RB depth thanks to injuries.

Also, those 2 TD catches by Houston were out of this world. If that's how you have to score a touchdown then the defense did its job.

Last years team could run the ball and had dynamic returner.

They added 8 seconds to the clock at 53 seconds after it was inexplicably stopped. That's a good 25 second differential there. When Mike Patrick of all people has to call them out...

Previous play ended at 1:00 and resulted in a first down. Clock should have stopped the clock until the umpire spotted the ball and wound the clock. Clock operator failed to stop the clock. Once it hit 53 seconds, an official noticed the error, stopped the clock and had it reset to 1:00. Net result is ND probably gets that snap off with at most 3-4 seconds extra due to already being lined up once the corrected clock is started, but 3-4 seconds didn't matter, and even if they did it was the home clock operator's fault.

SEC Qb play is terrible outside A&M and Dak. Nobody has stepped up to replace some of the big shoes from 2 years ago with Murray/Manziel/McCarron/Franklin/Shaw/Mettenberger/ and even Wallace and Marshall seem a step above here.

Maybe Dobbs will end up being tops in league, but everyone looks pretty crappy (until Drew Lock takes over world)

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/20...3/curious-index

So it looks like the biggest texas booster has canceled his suite the rest of the season. Looks like their AD will be out soon, which means Charlie Strong likely won't be there next year.

Can't say I don't enjoy this, but I do feel bad for Charlie Strong. I'm sure he'll have a rich-rod like resurgence elsewhere.

So it looks like the biggest texas booster has canceled his suite the rest of the season. Looks like their AD will be out soon, which means Charlie Strong likely won't be there next year.

Can't say I don't enjoy this, but I do feel bad for Charlie Strong. I'm sure he'll have a rich-rod like resurgence elsewhere.

I really like Charlie Strong. That program was in such bad shape he couldn't have been expected to turn it around this fast.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 10:06 AM)

He cancelled it two months ago because of health problems. Sounds like rehashing for clicks.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
SEC Qb play is terrible outside A&M and Dak. Nobody has stepped up to replace some of the big shoes from 2 years ago with Murray/Manziel/McCarron/Franklin/Shaw/Mettenberger/ and even Wallace and Marshall seem a step above here.

Maybe Dobbs will end up being tops in league, but everyone looks pretty crappy (until Drew Lock takes over world)

I don't think Dobbs is any good. Tennessee was leading despite him and then that caught up with them.

How's Harbaugh been received and working out in Michigan? Does he walk on water or is he considered human and the scrub QB that once reeked for the Bears?

I'm not a Harbaugh guy. Sometimes seems rude in interviews. How's he been with the Michigan press?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 02:44 AM)
How's Harbaugh been received and working out in Michigan? Does he walk on water or is he considered human and the scrub QB that once reeked for the Bears?

I'm not a Harbaugh guy. Sometimes seems rude in interviews. How's he been with the Michigan press?

They're treating him like a God. They are still 2 years away from competing in the conference anyway. You can tell the effort is there and that is what he does. Motivates. It's exciting for the program again. I miss that since Carr left, no matter how frustrating he was at times. The last couple of years have been unwatchable.