Vince Coleman has Sox itching to step on gas

southsider2k5

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 09:16 PM)
Lip service. I expect improved technique but not overall more attempts.

Perhaps.

It's all dependent on how the core of the offense (Cabrera/Abreu/LaRoche/Garcia/Conor) are hitting.

If they're collectively scuffling, you're going to have to see runs manufactured one at a time by Eaton, Ramirez and whoever's at 2B.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 05:45 PM)
therein lies the problem i am having. you are advocating send a runner home with 2 outs, from 3rd. but would you do it when the heart of the batting order was coming up???

remember there is right or wrong answer i just trying to figure this out with the great hitters the sox may have in the lineup. old school vs new school.

Yes, because I'm focused on the less than 40% chance of success even with the heart of the batting order coming up.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
Lip service. I expect improved technique but not overall more attempts.

I just want the Sox to become better overall at baserunning. The turn at 1st, going 1st to 3rd, knowing when to advance and finding the ball etc.

Actually, this could be a very under rated improvement from the Sox. Getting rid of so many slugs like Dayan, Dunn and Paulie might result in a few more extended rallies.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 11:23 PM)
I just want the Sox to become better overall at baserunning. The turn at 1st, going 1st to 3rd, knowing when to advance and finding the ball etc.

Actually, this could be a very under rated improvement from the Sox. Getting rid of so many slugs like Dayan, Dunn and Paulie might result in a few more extended rallies.

This is my thinking as well. Tougher lineup to keep from scoring even when they are not stringing XBHs together.

QUOTE (asindc @ Feb 27, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
This is my thinking as well. Tougher lineup to keep from scoring even when they are not stringing XBHs together.

If Micah makes the team the Sox might lead the league in triples even though The Cell doesn't have a spacious outfield . Should be fun watching guys fly around the bases. The key to more steal attempts is if they have success early on but if the tutoring doesnr take hold or the agressiveness results in too many pickoffs then the confidence is shot aand will be less attempts. But if they do have early success watch out !

• 5 weeks later...