Viciedo to Blue Jays

flavum

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
I haven't the slightest clue what you are trying to say here. Are you saying the Sox don't take any risks? They just spent $61 million on relievers this offseason and last offseason they gave $68 million to a player who had never played in the Majors. Those are about as big of risks as you can take, but you've been harping in every single thread about how they won't spend any money.

i am not trying to make this a money thread but you are forcing me.

yes, they spent money, they are making more than enuf and still JR mention that if the fans do not come out, they can not afford b/c they did not the money to invest in players. no matter how it is added, the final money tally still is skewed. they are making more than enuf.

this is not an ownership that is practually poor like the Veeck era, and how MS. Veeck made the logo and they went out and got softball uni. this ownership started off by threatening the fans, when they first brought the team, that they will willing to move them to another state if they don't support the team.

again as a backhanded slap 25+yrs later, he mention that the fans has to support the team, again and this was but last Nov when he said it.

sure i can go and cheer for another team, but i am a diehard sox fan..... with an opinion. that is the difference with sox fans. we are not programmable fans, we, as Veeck used to say, a working group or a 40 hr week who wants a winner.

but let me say this, i am soooo happy that the sox were successful for sooo many yrs, do you really know the talent that has been fielded by this team..... and only needed 1 more player to make history... 1 more player.

so while they spent a lot of money, and i am talking about the majors, then they could have spent a little more for a 1 yr contract for a SP instead of, how did you say it, a low risk involvement that didn't cost much.

Edited by LDF

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See $5 million for Manny Ramirez.

Huge deal at the time for Viciedo to sign.

Borchard.

Giving that big contract extension to Danks.

Adding Rios, Dunn and Peavy.

Trading for Youk, ODog, Myers, Liriano etc., in 2012.

Adding Jim Thome and Javy in 2006.

Trading Gio twice...

The White Sox took lots of risks, but a lot of them were "make or break" moves. Last offseason adding Most of the free agent hurlers on SoxTalk wish lists would have precluded the laundry list of transactions this offseason.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
Kyle mad.

But I agree, very little to gain here. I prefer we cut the cord with the long time failures.

See Noesi lol.

Dayan Viciedo was taken aback by the White Sox‘ decision to release him, but he’s landed on his feet after signing a minor-league deal with the Blue Jays, the Associated Press reports. “I was slightly surprised because I thought I had an agreement in place to stay there, but I understand it’s a business,” Viciedo says. “You have good days, you have bad days. I took it in stride. I’m not upset. It kind of surprised me at first but everything had worked out and is OK.”

www.mlbtraderumors.com

Looks like the Phillies are one possible destination, with uncertainty about Dominic Brown and Grady Sizemore (poor Lillian!)

Edited by caulfield12