3/3 Intrasquad

flavum

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 3, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)
I am totally fine with chitownsportsfan's argument and the fact that he is bearish (relative to the SoxTalk crowd) on Micah Johnson. Would the same amount of dissenters have came at him if he was bullish to the same extent? If not, then there's probably a little bit of protecting going on there. He's a good poster and whether everyone agrees with his argument he can make a decent one.

Micah is the fan and organization favorite. The beat writers have been hyping him for the job since last September. Let's not act like a bunch of people didn't have him as the starting 2B yesterday. Caufield was the only one using ST stats to justify an argument. So you're now forming your big argument around a generalization you made on White Sox fans based off of one thing that caulfield said.

This is why I included the caveat of him getting on base at a 33% clip. My worries were the Sox would be too rigid with lineup slots and choose not to feature other options in the 2 hole. I'd set .305 as the over/under but in the case he outperforms, he needs to be at the top of the lineup with Melky bringing more power in the middle of the lineup. I don't know why anyone would be that excited with Garcia-Gilaspie/Beckham-Alexei-Flowers-Sanchez/Micah 5-9.

Where is the doubt? I know exactly what Rick Hahn envisioned and what Robin is going to do and that is Melky Cabrera in the #2 hole. My point, based off of the last two years, is that RV would be unwilling or hesitant to move Cabrera down in the lineup if a situation arose where the team would be better served with him at #5. If Avisail Garcia is going .240/.290/.340 in June and we have other options at the #2 spot then Melky should be batting #5.

Spring training stats are totally and completely meaningless, unless you're on the wrong side of the statistical ledger as a rookie trying to force your way onto the roster or a comeback candidate like Barry Zito, Beachy, Medlen or Tommie Hanson. And even then it's more about the eye test of stuff, movement and radar gun readings.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 5, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
Where is the discussion on yesterdays game with the Dodgers????

We have a separate historical forum located near the bottom of the homepage called the Soxtalk Classics which we store all old game threads going back something like a decade.