ST 3/21 Sox vs Royals 3:05 start

Whisox05

I feel a trade for Yasmani Tomas to play 3B coming on, lol.

NOT.

Hawkins as a legit corner outfield power threat takes some of the pressure currently on Garcia...at least from a long-term perspective.

Short-term, there's not much help in the outfield, other than a trade/waiver move or Trayce Thompson. Of course, there's probably a 50/50 chance we see Tim Anderson shifted out there (eventually)...but first they'll put him at 2B, barring any devastating injuries to Cabrera/Eaton/Garcia (or Micah Johnson) at the major league level.

For as awesome as Courtney (and his beard ala Tyreese from Walking Dead) has been this ST, if he was on the Cubs doing this, there'd be almost as hype as there is for Soler and Russell IMO.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
I feel a trade for Yasmani Tomas to play 3B coming on, lol.

NOT.

Hawkins as a legit corner outfield power threat takes some of the pressure currently on Garcia...at least from a long-term perspective.

Short-term, there's not much help in the outfield, other than a trade/waiver move or Trayce Thompson. Of course, there's probably a 50/50 chance we see Tim Anderson shifted out there (eventually)...but first they'll put him at 2B, barring any devastating injuries to Cabrera/Eaton/Garcia (or Micah Johnson) at the major league level.

For as awesome as Courtney (and his beard ala Tyreese from Walking Dead) has been this ST, if he was on the Cubs doing this, there'd be almost as hype as there is for Soler and Russell IMO.

I just looked at Bryant's numbers from last season. Would be HUGE for our system if Hawkins somehow puts up similar numbers to what he did. As I posted earlier in the thread, when he's ready (assuming Eaton and Garcia hit the way we expect), we may have to trade Avi or Melky or go with a rotating OF/DH since the DH spot would likely be open at that point.

Also, I'd love for Thompson to have a breakout year as he is still just 24 (could be enticing to a team looking for a young OF in exchange for a catcher or another pitcher).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
I just looked at Bryant's numbers from last season. Would be HUGE for our system if Hawkins somehow puts up similar numbers to what he did. As I posted earlier in the thread, when he's ready (assuming Eaton and Garcia hit the way we expect), we may have to trade Avi or Melky or go with a rotating OF/DH since the DH spot would likely be open at that point.

Also, I'd love for Thompson to have a breakout year as he is still just 24 (could be enticing to a team looking for a young OF in exchange for a catcher or another pitcher).

The odds are pretty high we're going to have to put together some minor league pieces to trade for a more reliable (youngish) catcher.

Edited by caulfield12