5/2 - White Sox vs Twins

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
No one will come watch this boring team. Good thing season tix sales were strong

Who wants to pay to see this crap nothing has changed in 2 and a half years.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)
What is so hard about going on the road and beating Minnesota a game or two? Robin definitely could be fired after tomorrow's loss and nobody would see it as an over-reaction. Just for comedy sake I'd love to see Coop get the rest of the season then we hire Gardy or Leyland this offseason to work with our totally revamped team.

Why wait? If Hahn believes he put a good roster together, go find someone who is willing to come in and shake this s*** up now like Mckeon did with Florida.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:36 PM)
Hahn could have had half a dozen gm jobs. If he doesn't have final say he should move on. The laroche move especially and the shark trade reek of kW meddling.

LA Roche is the most kW free agent ever.

Like I said, thats on him. If he doesn't have final say on moves, he should leave, otherwise, I'm blaming him.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 09:36 PM)
Hahn could have had half a dozen gm jobs. If he doesn't have final say he should move on. The laroche move especially and the shark trade reek of kW meddling.

LA Roche is the most kW free agent ever.

LaRoche reminds me of Swisher. Trade him as soon as trade season begins with the rest of last year's acquisitions. Time to stockpile some talent, baby.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:35 PM)
What is so hard about going on the road and beating Minnesota a game or two? Robin definitely could be fired after tomorrow's loss and nobody would see it as an over-reaction. Just for comedy sake I'd love to see Coop get the rest of the season then we hire Gardy or Leyland this offseason to work with our totally revamped team.

They wont name Cooper and Leyland's too old, same with LaRussa in all likelihood.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
Why wait? If Hahn believes he put a good roster together, go find someone who is willing to come in and shake this s*** up now like Mckeon did with Florida.

Again Williams has to approve it....................Hahn does NOT have the final say on jack!

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:38 PM)
LaRoche reminds me of Swisher. Trade him as soon as trade season begins with the rest of last year's acquisitions. Time to stockpile some talent, baby.

To get Marquez, Betemit and Jhonny Nunez back?

They wont even get that without paying half his contract.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
Again Williams has to approve it....................Hahn does NOT have the final say on jack!

Then he shouldn't be here. If he wants the title of GM, he has to be willing to take the blame. Otherwise, he should resign.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:39 PM)
To get Marquez, Betemit and Jhonny Nunez back?

They wont even get that without paying half his contract.

I cant believe we have to watch him next year too. I really don't think I can get the extra innings package again next year is s*** doesn't change. Its just too frustrating to watch this s***.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 2, 2015 -> 05:39 PM)
Then he shouldn't be here. If he wants the title of GM, he has to be willing to take the blame. Otherwise, he should resign.

I agree. I think he gave it a shot because like he said he values his family and he didn't want to uproot them. if he doesn't have final say he should move on he's a bright young mind well under 50. He could be a GM before then easily even if he falls on his face in Chicago. And, future employers will def be curious about what exactly his role was relative to KW in Chicago.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 2, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
I cant believe we have to watch him next year too. I really don't think I can get the extra innings package again next year is s*** doesn't change. Its just too frustrating to watch this s***.

Maybe he will retire after this year?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:44 PM)
I agree. I think he gave it a shot because like he said he values his family and he didn't want to uproot them. if he doesn't have final say he should move on he's a bright young mind well under 50. He could be a GM before then easily even if he falls on his face in Chicago. And, future employers will def be curious about what exactly his role was relative to KW in Chicago.

This organization is so f***ed. I just wish KW would finally leave so that we can begin to understand the hierarchy once and for all.

The fact of the matter is that I'm staring at a last place team who disrespects the game with its play. Everyone involved bears responsibility. I'm not letting Hahn off the hook just because we all know KW is a moron.

Edited by Butter Parque

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 2, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
This organization is so f***ed. I just wish KW would finally leave so that we can begin to understand the hierarchy once and for all.

I agree. Most orgs have one guy as the GM or "Head of baseball operations". according to the org chart Hahn is the GM but KW is higher up as the "Executive Vice President".

It's the same BS with GarPax. JR creates circles of influence he doesn't seem to trust a single GM to run his teams. It's stupid IMO. Or, he finally trusts someone and it's KW of all people, who was a fine GM don't get me wrong but the game has long passed him by.

Today's game is so different than when the Sox won in 2005 that any knowledge he brings from then is almost useless imo.

Damnit! I was really looking forward to this season. It's so obvious this mix is not gelling that I really don't care what the f*** happens. Fire RV, keep RV, who cares. How about firing kenny williams for the absolute s*** condition of the farm system which has NO ONE to contribute to this dismal mlb roster.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:50 PM)
Damnit! I was really looking forward to this season. It's so obvious this mix is not gelling that I really don't care what the f*** happens. Fire RV, keep RV, who cares. How about firing kenny williams for the absolute s*** condition of the farm system which has NO ONE to contribute to this dismal mlb roster.

When Ventura is fired, Williams should resign same day and let Hahn be judged on his own body of work.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 2, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Reboot.

Dump him and Boyer as well.

Every single person in the org should be questioning their future imo. That includes all the training staff, the minor league staff, the scouts, the broadcast crew, the marketing guys (Boyer is a joke) and most of all Robin Ventura, Kenny Williams, and Rick Hahn. My preference is to fire Robin and see what happens but I also wouldn't mind seeing KW retire and the entire coaching staff, including Cooper, broomed out the door. Everyone's ass is way, way too comfy in their chairs in this org.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 2, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
Entire Coaching staff needs to go. That includes Coop. Buddy Bell also needs to go. Entire minor league staff needs to go. You cant go over a decade without developing a position player and expect to keep your job. This is like clown college.

And then you look up...and there's Kenny and Jerry sitting there, watching the 05 DVDs.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 2, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
And then you look up...and there's Kenny and Jerry sitting there, watching the 05 DVDs.

OMG, do we have any talented video production and writer folks here? Get this done. I am totally seeing it. KW and JR eating caviar watching the tapes.