And That's a White Sox Winner !!

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 12:07 AM)
But then you're moving a guy with GG-caliber defense at 2B to SS where he would reportedly be average at best.

I'd like to get Sanchez a look at SS, especially with September coming up, but I don't think I'd want to move him off 2B long-term. I believe he has enough potential with the bat, to go along with his defense, to be an above-average or possibly even all-star 2B.

He's hitting .294 since July 1st. Just imagine what his numbers would be if he had hit just poorly, say to the tune of .200, instead of the awful .153 he hit during the months of May and June. We'd all be ecstatic at his prospects for the future. Point is, he has now been good for longer than he was bad and has certainly pushed the need for a 2B pretty far down the list, at least for the time being.

But pretty much what Balta said, I'd rather leave Sanchez at 2B, dump Alexei, acquire a 3B, move Saladino to SS as the stop-gap starter, then move Saladino to a utility bench role once Anderson is ready (assuming he'll stick at SS and meet expectations).

excellent overall post.

just like to add something, 2b, to me, have been considered a lite hitting player and only shortstop can be compared to for hitting.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic