greg775

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahmed's sister:

After the MSNBC segment, Eyman and I sit down in the hallway where she says the same thing happened to her as Ahmed.

“I got suspended from school for three days from this stupid same district, from this girl saying I wanted to blow up the school, something I had nothing to do with.”

Eyman talks with the slightest lisp, almost imperceptible, but it becomes stronger as she gets emotional.

“I got suspended and I didn’t do anything about it and so when I heard about Ahmed, I was so mad because it happened to me and I didn’t get to stand up, so I’m making sure he’s standing up because it’s not right. So I’m not jealous, I’m kinda like—it’s like he’s standing for me.”

Eyman said her suspension was in her first year of middle school, “my first year of attempting middle school in America. I knew English, but the culture was different, the people were different.”

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 03:38 PM)
I have faith but do not think this story is as cut and dried as the media portrayed it. Nobody is demanding the full story in the media. Nobody is being fair to the police/school.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dalla...ident/72647922/

Do me a favor. Google some stories about the Mayor of Irving, TX. She's a pretty demonstrated racist, and I'd say she isn't the best source on this.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
or this looks more and more like a setup, whereby they are using Ahmed to avenge the sister's slight.

Hmmm, seems the mayor and police and school are just daring the media to please please dig deeper into this. Cmon folks, the dad is an activist guy and this is all fishy stuff. The National Review agrees with Greg on this, that there should not have been a rush to print one side of this story.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/ahmed...tive-ian-tuttle

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/20...-years-earlier/

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:00 AM)
"So I’m not jealous, I’m kinda like—it’s like he’s standing for me.”

Think like a detective here. What you have established is motive - but you have literally zero evidence of any crime (in terms of a setup or hoax or intentional act). Not even circumstantially. You can't just create a crime out of thin air purely based on motive. People all have selfish motives that are aided by any number of acts, but rarely have they done something to act upon them.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 04:50 PM)
School looks worse and worse.

Yeah, evidence that the school has harassed the same family before over what seems like similar BS doesn't exactly help their case.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:04 AM)
Think like a detective here. What you have established is motive - but you have literally zero evidence of any crime (in terms of a setup or hoax or intentional act). Not even circumstantially. You can't just create a crime out of thin air purely based on motive. People all have selfish motives that are aided by any number of acts, but rarely have they done something to act upon them.

Plus, Ahmed never said it was anything but a clock. Nobody forced the school to suspend him or the police to arrest and question him alone. The school and police still have control of their own responses here.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)
Yeah, evidence that the school has harassed the same family before over what seems like similar BS doesn't exactly help their case.

Plus, Ahmed never said it was anything but a clock. Nobody forced the school to suspend him or the police to arrest and question him alone. The school and police still have control of their own responses here.

The police say that Ahmed was very passive-aggressive and non responsive while in custody, but can't release the tapes because he is a minor. Supposedly they have asked the family for permission and of course have been denied. And the fact that she was suspended is NOT evidence that they were previously harassed. Do you know if she did it or not? No, you don't, you only have her word saying she didn't. The only thing that is evidence of is that there is a history with the family.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:04 AM)

I didn't say she was guilty, just what it looks like to me. I can see both sides of this. he is just an innocent little Muslim school boy who was preyed upon by racist school admins, or that he was manipulated by family to provoke a response and got one even bigger than any of them had hoped for. Or something in between. Can you imagine that any of those are possible? I know StrangeSox sure can't, this kid is as pure as ivory soap in his eyes, he can't even imagine that something nefarious could be going on.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:28 AM)
I didn't say she was guilty, just what it looks like to me. I can see both sides of this. he is just an innocent little Muslim school boy who was preyed upon by racist school admins, or that he was manipulated by family to provoke a response and got one even bigger than any of them had hoped for. Or something in between. Can you imagine that any of those are possible? I know StrangeSox sure can't, this kid is as pure as ivory soap in his eyes, he can't even imagine that something nefarious could be going on.

Certainly both possible. Though I'll point out again, either way, I don't see blaming the kid here as making much sense. I also think that, as SS has somewhat said, no matter which it is, the police and school have control over their reactions and they did a pretty poor job of it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
Certainly both possible. Though I'll point out again, either way, I don't see blaming the kid here as making much sense. I also think that, as SS has somewhat said, no matter which it is, the police and school have control over their reactions and they did a pretty poor job of it.

And I don't think anyone here really disputed that they went a bit overboard. They certainly handed the family a big payday and made themselves look like fools. if it was a setup by the family, they got way more than they had hoped for.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:28 AM)

I think the Ahmed troothers' completely unsupported hypothetical claims are pretty far-fetched, but I've maintained from the start that they're pretty much irrelevant and that "little Muslim school boy who was preyed upon by racist school admins [and police]" is true regardless of his motives.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
I think the Ahmed troothers' completely unsupported hypothetical claims are pretty far-fetched, but I've maintained from the start that they're pretty much irrelevant and that "little Muslim school boy who was preyed upon by racist school admins [and police]" is true regardless of his motives.

In the real world, both can be true. In your world, not so much. 'regardless of his motives' completely OKs anything he may have done, because in your eyes, the schools actions just negate anything he does. Can both parties have some degree of fault here? Can you admit that it is possible that they set this up to elicit some kind of reaction from the school, and then got even more than they dreamed of? I bet you can't, even though you may say you can. It's all so black and white (no pun in tended), when it suits your views.

There is a very small probability that they set this all up--anything is possible! However, there's no actual evidence anywhere supporting that. It's all just baseless speculation, mainly from right-wing media and conservatives who, for some reason, feel the need to make the kid the bad guy and downplay the action of the authority figures in this case. It's all Alex Jones-level nonsense so far.

More to the point, yeah, the school's and the police's actions pretty much do negate if this was a "setup". It wasn't a bomb hoax, he never presented himself as a threat, and he was truthful about what it was the entire time. The "setup" only works if the school and the police respond in the stupid, ham-fisted manner that they did. If they act like competent professionals, the "setup" doesn't matter and nobody ever hears about Ahmed. If the school and police's reaction were so predictably terrible that the family could concoct this plan, that in and of itself is a problem.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
There is a very small probability that they set this all up--anything is possible! However, there's no actual evidence anywhere supporting that. It's all just baseless speculation, mainly from right-wing media and conservatives who, for some reason, feel the need to make the kid the bad guy and downplay the action of the authority figures in this case. It's all Alex Jones-level nonsense so far.

More to the point, yeah, the school's and the police's actions pretty much do negate if this was a "setup". It wasn't a bomb hoax, he never presented himself as a threat, and he was truthful about what it was the entire time. The "setup" only works if the school and the police respond in the stupid, ham-fisted manner that they did. If they act like competent professionals, the "setup" doesn't matter and nobody ever hears about Ahmed. If the school and police's reaction were so predictably terrible that the family could concoct this plan, that in and of itself is a problem.

Perhaps the family should OK the release of the police tapes then. Nothing to hide there according to you.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)

I believe the sister was in a different school (but same district) when her incident occurred.

A lot of smart people got fooled by the Ahmed hoax. The kid and his family wins, being on every talk show known to man.

Remember, school rules may be awful but they are the same everywhere now. Remember the little kid accosted n suspended cause his pop tart looked like a gun? How bout the kid who wrote a story about shooting a dinosauer with a gun?? That kid was suspended and treated like a criminal. This is happening all over. This was a media creation story and Ahmed's 20 minutes of fame are slowing ticking away. He's close to being old news unless daddy does something stupid.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/21/did-amer...-and-his-clock/

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
A lot of smart people got fooled by the Ahmed hoax. The kid and his family wins, being on every talk show known to man.

Remember, school rules may be awful but they are the same everywhere now. Remember the little kid accosted n suspended cause his pop tart looked like a gun? How bout the kid who wrote a story about shooting a dinosauer with a gun?? That kid was suspended and treated like a criminal. This is happening all over. This was a media creation story and Ahmed's 20 minutes of fame are slowing ticking away. He's close to being old news unless daddy does something stupid.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/21/did-amer...-and-his-clock/

Again... zero evidence. None. Stop it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
I can stop, but I'm far from the only person questioning severely this whole thing.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/25/clock-ki...ly-traumatized/

Do you seriously not understand the difference between "questioning" (which no one is criticizing), and simply saying "the hoax" the way you have as if it were fact? When there is still no actual evidence of such a thing?

Saying it over and over doesn't make it more true.