2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

If you can afford 292,301,338 tickets, you're a guaranteed winner. As long as there isn't more than one other winner, you can take the cash option and still profit.

Of course, in addition to affording all the tickets, you have to have about 900,000 hours free in order to buy them all, and that's assuming that you already have all the combinations filled out on forms.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)
If you can afford 292,301,338 tickets, you're a guaranteed winner. As long as there isn't more than one other winner, you can take the cash option and still profit.

Of course, in addition to affording all the tickets, you have to have about 900,000 hours free in order to buy them all, and that's assuming that you already have all the combinations filled out on forms.

Except that isn't true. Cash payout is $930 million. Subtract out federal taxes of 39.6%, and that leaves you just short of $561 million (assuming you live in a state tax free state, if not, it is worse). To buy each ticket combination would cost you about $585 million.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
Except that isn't true. Cash payout is $930 million. Subtract out federal taxes of 39.6%, and that leaves you just short of $561 million (assuming you live in a state tax free state, if not, it is worse). To buy each ticket combination would cost you about $585 million.

I think there is an added gambling tax on top of all that, too.

Forgot they are $2/ticket not $1/ticket.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
It says right there in the article that breastfeeding is exempted under the law.

There's enough of a gray area that it could still lead to lots of harassment and problems. Regardless, the focus of that post was not the law (which is dumb and unnecessary) but the comment.

edit: also the follow-up from a fellow s***bag representative:

568459911f00000601e9cbe8.jpeg

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)
There's enough of a gray area that it could still lead to lots of harassment and problems. Regardless, the focus of that post was not the law (which is dumb and unnecessary) but the comment.

edit: also the follow-up from a fellow s***bag representative:

568459911f00000601e9cbe8.jpeg

The rep can't spell believe and isn't aware of inclination versus the word he made up....ouch.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)

National Guard and FEMA are being brought in to help.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/13/us/troop...WT.nav=top-news

This clean-up and the inevitable civil lawsuits from poisoned citizens will cost orders of magnitude more than the original "savings."

Fun side note: Michigan voters repealed the "Emergency Manager" law that let governor Snyder put whoever he wants in charge of failing cities, but then the state legislature just passed a repeal-proof version during the next session.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 05:05 PM)
This is crap. I hate Trump and would never in a million years vote for him, but if people "like" him or "support" him in a competition between a douche and a turd sandwich, so be it. That doesn't make them terrible people.

Do you "like" Bill Clinton? FDR? Teddy? Any of the founding fathers? They've all done (and said) deplorable/immoral/disgusting things in their lives, yet they have SOME redeeming qualities that we all "like" and even celebrate.

edit: and i'm not saying I find Trump to have any redeeming qualities, just that others may beyond the outlandish crap he says.

Thanks Jenks. I can't believe some people are of the opinion just because you like a candidate you are evil. That doesn't add up to me.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 12:33 AM)
Listen those guys cheering at mussolini speeches weren't that bad, they just like his anti-pc tone!

Also I said terrible, not evil.

I take it you are concerned about his stance of kicking out non US citizens out of the country. You know, a lot of Americans are very concerned about ISIS assholes sneaking up on them and uh, chopping off their heads or heads of a loved one. Or blowing up bombs at parades and in churches and all over the place. Our system has checks and balances and no Hitler type is going to succeed in America. What specifically bothers you about Trump. I put in the link recently about all his positions on issues.

Yes I believe he'd be WAY BETTER than Hillary as president. I do. Does that make me a terrible person as I've been accused?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 06:50 AM)
Does it make you a terrible person? No, I think that's a stretch.

Does it make you naive, uneducated, and ignorant to some? Probably. The reason people seem to pile on you is your lines of "What's the worst that can happen if Trump takes over for four years? He can't be worse than Ol'Hilly." You completely undercut the importance of the position of President, which would tell many you don't have a great grasp of what is actually required to run the most powerful country in the world. Then, you go on to say you don't believe really anything Trump says, but all politicians lie, so it's OK. Everyone does it. So by that logic, anything Trump says or does has no barring on your vote, he has it no matter what happens, because "Hey, I don't think Obama has done a good job, and Trump is the exact opposite, so he should give being President the ol' college try."

You summed up my feelings not perfectly but at least you get the drift of what I'm thinking and saying unlike most. I feel like Obama got very little done. There's so little cooperation between congress and President yes I feel Prez can get very little done. So yes I do feel that way and why not give ol Trump a try? The position of president kinda has been brought to its knees by lack of cooperation between parties.

As far as the lying issue ... I believe Hillary, Bill have lied a ton. Obama too. Of course Trump. So yes lying doesn't concern me too much of Trump.

How bout a ticket of Trump and McCain? Or Trump and Jeb? Let Donald do it with a real politician to help him a bit.

Look I have more important problems like living in a state with Brownback. He's so bad it's laughable and the idiots just recently rewarded him and reelected him just cause he has an R by his name.

So yes, gimme four years of Trump over Hilly!