Sad night

Bmr31

I would say that if the White Sox can win the next two games with Minnesota, and then go 7-3 while the Twins go 6-3 we will win the division by a game.

If we only go 1-1 in the next 2 games or lose both, we will lose the division by a game or two, providing we do go 7-3 while the Twins go 6-3.

(*) Road

(7-3) We need to beat KC 2-1, NY 2-1, *KC 3-1.

(6-3) Minnesota goes Det 2-1, Cle 1-1, *Det 3-1

Sox 89-73 --

Min 88-74 1

I would say that if the White Sox can win the next two games with Minnesota, and then go 7-3 while the Twins go 6-3 we will win the division by a game.

If we only go 1-1 in the next 2 games or lose both, we will lose the division by a game or two, providing we do go 7-3 while the Twins go 6-3.

(*) Road

(7-3) We need to beat KC 2-1, NY 2-1, *KC 3-1.

(6-3) Minnesota goes Det 2-1, Cle 1-1, *Det 3-1

Sox 89-73 --

Min 88-74 1

Not gonna happen,but thanks anyway.

Was it Bill Veeck who said that being a White Sox fan should absolve one of any other form of pennance? I haven't given up yet but they must win the next two or as they say in Brooklyn, you can Fuggetabahtit. Why do the Sox come out flat and unready at the worst possible times? I'll never understand that.

Having Jon Garland decide our fate tonight makes me ready to vomit.  :puke

Funny that you use the phrase, "ready to vomit." Looks like reports by JM that ELo was only suffering from "a cough" before the game was greatly exagerrated. Supposedly, ELo told Ed Farmer in the pregame that he'd be lucky if he didn't vomit on the mound. And it is now being reported by some that ELo was violently ill last night..... vomiting in the clubhouse before the game.

:fyou Manuel

And I was having such a good day before the Sox game. I only had one class and I found out I did a lot better on my calc quiz then I expected. Then I got the news that Shaun Pruitt gave a verbal commitment to U of I instead of rival MSU. So of course the Sox had to bring my day crashing down by playing like crap.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!  LOL

No reason to give up because of the one game loss out of a three game series. We still have 2 more and with Garland and Colon going we have a good chance. Better than the Twins I would say as long as our offense starts to click. We have only scored 4 runs vrs the Twins in the last 3 losses. I think we could have done better last night if Loaiza hadn't ben pitching sick. I think the best we could have hoped for was 2 out of 3 in Twinkieland.