Summer Vacations

Texsox

June will be two weeks in a remote New Mexico mountain cabin cataloging and possibly editing a deceased author's unpublished works. Late June possible to the Fourth of July ten days in the Pacific northwest hiking and camping. End of July a week in St. Germain, Wisconsin and Chicago with the family. I will try to fit in at least one golf coaches camp.

Summers make up for the school year.

Very nice Tex.

We are still debating where we want to take the kids for vacation. The early front runner from my kids perspective is Legoland in Winter Haven,Florida. Has anyone ever been there? Is it worth it?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
Returning to Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park this summer.

When were you there last? We've been planning on going every couple of years to follow the blight and how nature is dealing with it.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 05:44 AM)
June will be two weeks in a remote New Mexico mountain cabin cataloging and possibly editing a deceased author's unpublished works. Late June possible to the Fourth of July ten days in the Pacific northwest hiking and camping. End of July a week in St. Germain, Wisconsin and Chicago with the family. I will try to fit in at least one golf coaches camp.

Summers make up for the school year.

I'm making two separate trips to St Germain in June. One with friends, one with family.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
I'm making two separate trips to St Germain in June. One with friends, one with family.

My family has been going up there every summer for over 50 years.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
Mine as well. Starting shortly after my grandparents were married. I think this is year 17 for me.

Same thing. Grandparents, all my aunts, uncles, cousins. At the height we'd have five cottages. Great memories.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
When were you there last? We've been planning on going every couple of years to follow the blight and how nature is dealing with it.

Last time was in the summer of 2009, so it's been quite a few years. I'm interested to see if I can notice any changes.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
We used to stay at Elberts Resort on Little St Germain

My family used to stay in 3 or 4 privately owned cabins that were within spitting distance of Elbert's for years until the owners of one of the cabins decided to stop renting it out. Now we've moved over to Leisure Lodge resort on Big St Germain and have been there for 6 or 7 years.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
My family used to stay in 3 or 4 privately owned cabins that were within spitting distance of Elbert's for years until the owners of one of the cabins decided to stop renting it out. Now we've moved over to Leisure Lodge resort on Big St Germain and have been there for 6 or 7 years.

Last year we stopped at the ice cream shop and I wandered over to Elberts for the first time in about 15 years and not a damn thing changed

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Apparently I have been missing out on St Germain in Wisconsin.

Its a pretty cool place. Its a big party on the lakes, and pretty close to Minocqua which is also a really cool town

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 12:18 PM)
Taking the family down to San Diego Zoo and Seaworld for 2 nights / 3 days in a couple weeks. Catching spring training for 2 games in advance of a conference in Arizona.

You know I am jealous. Probably my three favorite places to visit.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
We used to stay at Elberts Resort on Little St Germain

We were there a couple times, but on Little St. Germain it was Island View most of the time. Great beach.

The past 15 years or so we're staying at Faths on Big St. They have a bar and restaurant on the premises.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
Its a pretty cool place. Its a big party on the lakes, and pretty close to Minocqua which is also a really cool town

We also enjoy heading up to Bayfield on Lake Superior a couple hours north. We've explored the Apostle Islands by kayak.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 12:36 PM)
Just honeymooned there in October. It's lovely. Where are you staying?

A group of us are going and we rented a 3bd house at Guavaberry Spring Bay. Anything besides the Baths that we HAVE to check out?