Free MLB.tv with T-Mobile

dakuda

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 07:13 PM)
TMobile site clearly states you need to stream on your T-Mobile device and their network no wifi.

You just need to sign up for the free subscription while on their T-Mobile network. Once your account becomes a premium account you can use it on any device you'd like. Wifi or not

Literally you click the link from your T-Mobile phone and hit sign up and then if you have an mlb login you enter it in and if you don't you register for it and you are done. Literally two clicks for me and I was streaming game on phone earlier and now from my PS3. No issues. You don't event have to give any credit card info!

Thank you T-Mobile!!!

Sounds like it has been answered. But yes, only need to be on the T-Mobile network while signing up. After that you can watch from your Smart TV, Chromecast, Roku, Apple Tv, etc.

I was skeptical at first, but no strings attached so far. Going to be nice for fantasy baseball season.

Sweet!!!! Yeah you sign up on the tmobile phone. I used my wifes. Im watching red sox - indians on my galaxy on my home wifi. Once you create the account you can use it anywhere on wifi or not.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
Sweet!!!! Yeah you sign up on the tmobile phone. I used my wifes. Im watching red sox - indians on my galaxy on my home wifi. Once you create the account you can use it anywhere on wifi or not.

If you pick up a chromecast or anything else that streams (Apple TV, Fire, PS3, etc) and has MLB.tv app, you can than throw it up on your big screen.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 01:40 PM)
Yeah i got ps3 and ps4. Thanks jason. It will make the season go by nicely. Even tho i buy the radio feed for 3 bucks a month. Watching will be nice

As an FYI, you could cancel the radio feed as well. The TV version also includes the radio feeds.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 03:27 PM)
If you pick up a chromecast or anything else that streams (Apple TV, Fire, PS3, etc) and has MLB.tv app, you can than throw it up on your big screen.

I just got a 40" roku TV. My only regret is I should have got the 50" but I got it for $199. Watched part of the game on it last night in the living room.

Actually replaced a dumb, scratched up 42" LCD that I bought in 2008 for $600, luolz. TV tech has moved, very, very quickly. I will say despite regretting not going with the 50" I am enjoying every other single thing about having the Roku built in. Turn it on and boom there is SO MUCH CONTENT just at my fingers. I don't have netflix but I have prime and I signed up for the free trial of Sling. So far I'm liking Sling but will cancel it until CFB as Michigan games are often on locked ESPN. I'm done with cable forever just give me my 20 meg for $49 a month.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Don't forget: you need to register by tomorrow (Sunday), the MLB.tv offer expires on 4/10.

On a related note:

There's also a promo running for a 2-line, 6GB data (each line) for $80 that I switched to yesterday. My wife and I were on the 10GB plan for $100, but only use about 3GB each month. So, I saved $20/month. It still rolls over the unused data, free music and video streaming, international calls/text, etc. I thought that I read somewhere that the offer for this plan will last a week. Just trying to save some people some $, if it works for you.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/unlimited-data-story.html

I switched plans online in the morning, and wound up losing my data package completely at some point yesterday. I wasn't able to get that fixed until I got home (didn't want to call them from my cell phone about a cell phone problem). When I talked to customer service, she actually said that it was their screw up and that I had no data plan at the moment! My wife was in St. Louis and couldn't access Google Maps, so that was frustrating. I did get a bill credit for her troubles.

I swear that I don't work for T-Mobile. I actually work for a school district (not CPS).

Edited by dakuda