Biggest Dissappointment

Texsox

Who's the biggest dissapointment this season?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the biggest dissapointment this season?

• Jerry Manual
    • Paul Konerko
    • William Koch
    • Mark Buehrle
    • Bartolo Colon
    • It's a Team Thing

Kenny Williams for the moves he didn't make such as firing JM early and obtaining a reliable 5th starter for the stretch run. Let's not forget some of the wonderful moves he did make..... like trading Keith "40 saves and AL All-Star" Foulke.

Jerry Manuel has been a disappointment since the second-half of 2000.

Billy Botch is an obvious.

Frank Thomas for his newfound ShamME-like approach at the plate.

The TEAM during the first 2 1/2 months of the season.

Danny Wright, Neal Cotts, Josh Stewart and Co.

Aaron "Dorn" Rowand during April and May being so atrocious that we had to play Armando Rios :puke.

This Organization took entirely too much time before it finally took action. And when action was taken, there wasn't enough of it.

Kenny Williams for the moves he didn't make such as firing JM early and obtaining a reliable 5th starter for the stretch run. Let's not forget some of the wonderful moves he did make..... like trading Keith "40 saves and AL All-Star" Foulke.

Jerry Manuel has been a disappointment since the second-half of 2000.

Billy Botch is an obvious.

Frank Thomas for his newfound ShamME-like approach at the plate.

The TEAM during the first 2 1/2 months of the season.

Danny Wright, Neal Cotts, Josh Stewart and Co.

Aaron "Dorn" Rowand during April and May being so atrocious that we had to play Armando Rios :puke.

This Organization took entirely too much time before it finally took action. And when action was taken, there wasn't enough of it.

Great post............

My only hope is we don't see a return to "The kids can play". It's hard enough to be a Sox fan in this city with all the crap you must endure. With the north siders also being in a weak division, it is highly possible they may be in contention each year for quite awhile. Another rebuilding phase for the Sox will make it almost unbearable to attend games, pick up a newspaper, or turn on the news for several years. The franchise and it's fans are looking into a long dark tunnel right now. I hope JR reloads and does not rebuild yet again. My fears and my gut tell me that he will do the latter though.

My only hope is we don't see a return to "The kids can play". It's hard enough to be a Sox fan in this city with all the crap you must endure. With the north siders also being in a weak division, it is highly possible they may be in contention each year for quite awhile. Another rebuilding phase for the Sox will make it almost unbearable to attend games, pick up a newspaper, or turn on the news for several years. The franchise and it's fans are looking into a long dark tunnel right now. I hope JR reloads and does not rebuild yet again. My fears and my gut tell me that he will do the latter though.

It's gonna take me the entire off-season to muster up enough passion and strength to want to watch this team next year. If we're rebuiling I probably won't even bother.

JR's already talking about cutting cost. I'm about one rebuilding phase away from saying to hell with it. Fans start to show up at the ballpark and JR raises parking prices $2.00 to coincide. But he must cut cost. This is the treatment Sox fans are subjected to under the JR Regime. The Southside will never win jack as long as JR, KW, and JM are running things. This is a fact that ALL White Sox fans need to accept. The only thing that is guaranteed is, as a Sox fan, getting "Foulked."

It's gonna take me the entire off-season to muster up enough passion and strength to want to watch this team next year.  If we're rebuiling I probably won't even bother.

I haven't been this depressed about the Sox and their future in a long time. The last time I was this down about their upcoming seasons was probably 1984. I just get the bad feeling that if they don't pull off a miracle and make the playoffs some how, we will see more rebuilding that will take 3-5 years to produce a team that finally contends again. I will still be there with them through the bad times, but it is going to be a long difficult journey.

Guest hotsoxchick1
It's as good a time as any to start throwing stones. I limited this to the full season guys.

i started throwing stones a few weeks ago and you guys didnt like the broken glass, but when cold hard reality stares everyone in the face finally its now ok to throw.....go figure......... :rolleyes: (we really need a smiley shaking their head back and forth around here rolleyes just dont cut it)......

My only hope is we don't see a return to "The kids can play".

zach my friend you have been around long enough to know that if we tank we rebuild.. hell it was you that put in your sig..."fun is rebuilding every year" right???? so you knew it was coming..... ;)

killa,i agree with everything you put there...

It's gonna take me the entire off-season to muster up enough passion and strength to want to watch this team next year. If we're rebuiling I probably won't even bother

jordan fan... youll be back.. we all will be back....its like a car accident on the 290... we cant help but look and see.. ;)

zach my friend you have been around  long enough to know that if we tank we rebuild.. hell it was you that put in your sig..."fun is rebuilding every year" right???? so you knew it was coming.....  ;)

Nope, that was my brother. You have us confused again.

Guest hotsoxchick1
zach my friend you have been around  long enough to know that if we tank we rebuild.. hell it was you that put in your sig..."fun is rebuilding every year" right???? so you knew it was coming.....  ;)

Nope, that was my brother. You have us confused again.

well you know.. its hard remembering which hot lookin zach is which...... ;)

it's been a team thing.

Koch has got to be Number One. He killed us early, now he's such a non-factor that I can't imagine him pitching for the Sox again. The sad thing is Marte showed last year he could do the job but Sox has refused to believe in him. By the time we turned it over to Gordon and Marte this year, it was too late.

Konerko gets runnerup. After three solid years, a major regression this season. And even though he turned it on in the second half, he has disappeared again the last 10 days or so. Still capable of being above-average player, but for $8 million, we can't afford his numbers at those prices for another season.

Valentin is Number Three. He has improved in the field, but he's no longer the offensive force he was in 2000. And smart managers know all they have to do to stop him late in the game is turn him around. One of these days the Sox have to develop a decent SS in the system. Who was the last one? Bucky Dent?

Frank goes fourth. He's become way too streaky and home run oriented. He can't play in the field. And he's a station to station base runner. Time for a change. And he's no leader. Not at all.

And number five is the number five starter spot. What did the Sox get from that spot this season? Two wins. Maybe three. Cotts got one. Wright one and I don't remember if Stewart got any. The failure of the 'great' young arms to step forward is a reminder to take all that Baseball America Top 20 Prospect List stuff with a grain of cement.

I didn't put Manuel on the list.

Why?

Because a guy can't be a disappointment if you don't expect anything from him.

I say Manuel every since he got his ass handed to him by Pinella in Playoffs, team continually has took his OH WELL attitude and Manuel has failed to lead this team properly in every aspect of the game. Team has always won games despite JM. BYE BYE :fyou Manuel

I think you're exactly right and it couldn't come at a worse time. We can all hate them and root against them but the cubs appear to me to have the stronger organization now. They are poised to have a pretty good run of contention. The Sox can't afford to be bottom feeders for the next few years. If that happens get the moving vans out.

And number five is the number five starter spot. What did the Sox get from that spot this season? Two wins. Maybe three. Cotts got one. Wright one and I don't remember if Stewart got any. The failure of the 'great' young arms to step forward is a reminder  to take all that Baseball America Top 20 Prospect List stuff with a grain of cement.

Our 5th Starter spot was the biggest surprise of the year! He's sitting at 19 wins.

Guest hotsoxchick1

And number five is the number five starter spot. What did the Sox get from that spot this season? Two wins. Maybe three. Cotts got one. Wright one and I don't remember if Stewart got any. The failure of the 'great' young arms to step forward is a reminder  to take all that Baseball America Top 20 Prospect List stuff with a grain of cement.

Our 5th Starter spot was the biggest surprise of the year! He's sitting at 19 wins.

lol tex i think he meant after the outstanding loz performance......we have needed a number 5 spot all season and mid way through someone should have realized it and gotten one....... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
I think the biggest dissappintment and the reason the season went bad is because we didn't meat enough at coaches time out.

well that has kinda sucked.....damn work always gettin in the way of our plans....we will have to do a post season meeting i think........you up for that???

well that has kinda sucked.....damn work always gettin in the way of our plans....we will have to do a post season meeting i think........you up for that???

I'm up for is as long as the other team doesn't make it to the playoffs. I don't want to sit in a bar and have to listen to those assholes. It's bad enough we have to listen to them in our own ballpark.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'm up for is as long as the other team doesn't make it to the playoffs. I don't want to sit in a bar and have to listen to those assholes. It's bad enough we have to listen to them in our own ballpark.

with all the freakin tv's they have in there im sure we can find one that will suit our needs.........besides if were not in the race then we can just shoot the smack and drink heavily.......... ;)

with all the freakin tv's they have in there im sure we can find one that will suit our needs.........besides if were not in the race then we can just shoot the smack and drink heavily.......... ;)

The bad thing is, I am in Lisle now and no longer in Schaumburg. A lot farther to go to meet you now. :angry:

The bad thing is, I am in Lisle now and no longer in Schaumburg. A lot farther to go to meet you now.

So let's find a place around 355 and I-88 to meat then. There is ton's of stuff around there. Sound good to everyone that usually goes? That should be closer for Steff too. Or we could meat in the Home Depot parking lot on 355 and 88 and tailgate.

Guest hotsoxchick1
So let's find a place around 355 and I-88 to meat then. There is ton's of stuff around there. Sound good to everyone that usually goes? That should be closer for Steff too. Or we could meat in the Home Depot parking lot on 355 and 88 and tailgate.

hey just name the place and when to be there ... send directions because i dont usually travel that far south... and im game for just about anything..... ;)