Honeymoon advice

soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 19, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)
Well, it's official. I'm going to Maui. Can't believe I never really researched it. I was too focused on Kauai. Thanks to Steve and Kevo

We did Maui as well. Stayed in Wailea though, at the Hyatt Andaz.

Enjoy!

Went to Maui for 5 days Kauai for 5. Stayed at the 4 seasons in wailea. Expensive but worth every penny. Don't hesitate to do anything you might want to do. Before long you might have kids and vacations look very, very different

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 19, 2016 -> 06:37 PM)
Well, it's official. I'm going to Maui. Can't believe I never really researched it. I was too focused on Kauai. Thanks to Steve and Kevo

Awesome man. Have a blast! Difficult not to there.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 19, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)

It's a bit of a drive from the Ka'annapali area, but I'd really recommend driving to the top of Haleakala if you like mountains/parks/etc at all. It's like being on top of the world.

4planeten-chakra-su.jpg

Road to Hana is also fun.

• 6 months later...

Bringing this back. I posted in the summer vacation thread but figured this is a better place.

Fiancée and I are going on our Honeymoon late May for a week. We are looking to stay under $3,000 for an all inclusive resort on a beach + flight (Yes, we have found a handful of places in Riviera Maya that we like) but also want to go to a place where we have the option to go outside the resort and explore.

I am having a tough time finding locations other then Cancun/Riviera Maya. Any other places we should look at besides Punta Cana?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
Bringing this back. I posted in the summer vacation thread but figured this is a better place.

Fiancée and I are going on our Honeymoon late May for a week. We are looking to stay under $3,000 for an all inclusive resort on a beach + flight (Yes, we have found a handful of places in Riviera Maya that we like) but also want to go to a place where we have the option to go outside the resort and explore.

I am having a tough time finding locations other then Cancun/Riviera Maya. Any other places we should look at besides Punta Cana?

So, May is a clutch timeframe, its decently cheap.

Se

Riviera Maya is pretty good, but also can be pretty bland and a decent ride from the airport, I think I know every resort down there. What I dont like it how flat and bland the resorts can be. Also the ride to and from the airport bums me out, especially if you book a place near Tulum. I dont like sitting in a van for over an hour. With that said, there are many VERY nice resorts there for a good price, and tons of flights. Playa Del Carmen is a decently cool town.

I am a fan of Montego Bay, food isnt the best but the part atmosphere is awesome. My wife and I went to a few there that were awesome.

Our newest place has been Puerto Vallarta or Punta Mita. Close to airport, really nice places, and a town you can walk to and hang out in. Punta Mita is more expensive because of the resorts there. You can of course go to Cabo, but I tend to think there is a HUGE spread between quality of places there.

We always stay with the Secrets brand resorts (forgot their corp name) because its only adults and no reservations for dinner.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)

Se

Riviera Maya is pretty good, but also can be pretty bland and a decent ride from the airport, I think I know every resort down there. What I dont like it how flat and bland the resorts can be. Also the ride to and from the airport bums me out, especially if you book a place near Tulum. I dont like sitting in a van for over an hour. With that said, there are many VERY nice resorts there for a good price, and tons of flights. Playa Del Carmen is a decently cool town.

I am a fan of Montego Bay, food isnt the best but the part atmosphere is awesome. My wife and I went to a few there that were awesome.

Our newest place has been Puerto Vallarta or Punta Mita. Close to airport, really nice places, and a town you can walk to and hang out in. Punta Mita is more expensive because of the resorts there. You can of course go to Cabo, but I tend to think there is a HUGE spread between quality of places there.

We always stay with the Secrets brand resorts (forgot their corp name) because its only adults and no reservations for dinner.

I too can vouch for the Secrets Brand resorts which is part of AM Resorts (Secrets/NOW/Dreams/Zoetry/Breathless/Sunscape). I've been to 3 of the Secrets in the Cancun Area, Now Sapphire in Cancun, and Dreams Punta Cana. Dreams/Now are both family friendly while the rest are adults only. I cannot recommend them enough. My brother is getting married at Dreams Playa Mujeres next October.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)

Se

We are looking in the Playa Del Carmen area, we found a few ones we like including a brand new one opening in December (Ocean Riviera Paradise, H10 resort), which is about 45 min away from the airport. I will check out the other areas you mentioned as well.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
I too can vouch for the Secrets Brand resorts which is part of AM Resorts (Secrets/NOW/Dreams/Zoetry/Breathless/Sunscape). I've been to 3 of the Secrets in the Cancun Area, Now Sapphire in Cancun, and Dreams Punta Cana. Dreams/Now are both family friendly while the rest are adults only. I cannot recommend them enough. My brother is getting married at Dreams Playa Mujeres next October.

LOL, i've been to a few of those, Sapphire and Jade (when it was purchased) as well as Dreams Punta Cana.

The Secrets PV is real nice, got a swim up room ocean front and the waiter would serve us right in our little pool. It was awesome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
LOL, i've been to a few of those, Sapphire and Jade (when it was purchased) as well as Dreams Punta Cana.

The Secrets PV is real nice, got a swim up room ocean front and the waiter would serve us right in our little pool. It was awesome.

I really need to make my way over to try out the resorts on the west coast of Mexico.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
We have officially booked the Ocean Riviera Paradise (opens in 10 days).

Now for excursions, what should we do? We already want to visit the ruins but would like to do one or two other things if one is a half day type thing

We didn't plan anything for ours and for the most part valued the doing nothing on the beach time to the seeing ruins (tulum ruins excluded, those were great).

You'll be exhausted, take time to just be lazy as hell in the beautiful weather.